Here Comes The Sun.....

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Gosh, what a GLORIOUS day it has been :coolsun !!! Certainly making up for all those much-needed (and VERY DREARY) days of rain. Our little "wash" is still a minor river that the kids enjoy going out and playing in every evening.

Today was very productive for me - I'll be back with pics of all I accomplished today....

OK, here are pics. First I cleaned up 2 of my mini-rose beds, put down newspaper then about 3" of wood/leaf chips. In the second bed I planted the 2 little rose bushes that are the furthest back (one on each side of the birdbath) before I did the newspaper and wood chips. There really ARE mini roses in there - the sun is just too bright and washed out my pics :/

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2610.jpg

A while back I listed on Craigslist that I needed wood chips. Well, someone from our local elec company contacted me and now I have arborworks bringing me a load a week (sometimes more) of wood chips. Unfortunately it has been too rainy and wet for them to dump it where I want it so they just dump it at the road so they don't get stuck in the mud. So today I worked on the piles of wood chips, one wheelbarrow load at a time. Look what I accomplished:

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

I honestly do NOT know how it is possible for me to work my a-double-s off and it gets no smaller!

"Doctor, doctor, gimme the news! I got a bad case of BIG BUTT BLUES!!! Some pill has GOT to cure my ill, I got a bad case of BIIIGGG BUUTTT BLLUUUEESSS!" :bun

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Very impressive! It's amazing how much one person and a wheel barrow can accomplish in a single day. What a great deal to have them bringing all those wood chips right to you! And the drive looks great! That was a good idea!

What are you going to plant by the little roses?

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I probably won't plant anything else - there are actually 5 plants in there (a couple got mowed once by one of my kids)....or maybe do an arbor over the birdbath with a climbing-something-or-other. The first pic with the big bush and irises is actually a mini rose bush with those irises. At one time it was as small as the ones in the other rose bed. There were 2 planted there but DH pulled one up by accident when pulling weeds. Anyway, it is about 6-7 yrs old so I'm hoping eventually the other bitty roses will get as t mowed a big....

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I had to go back and look more closely. Oh yeah! There ARE 5 plants in there! It will be exciting to see them taking over that bed. What fun!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OMG,

You must feel like I feel right now. I just moved two truckloads of manure in two days and I am now jello!

You did an excellent job! That looks so soft and it will prevent any weeds from growing. Very nice Job!

Ron

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll. I'm hoping the wood chips can allow us to actually USE the driveway when it rains instead of us slipping, sliding, then getting stuck. Eventually perhaps we can afford some roadbase for an actual driveway but for now all this is costing is my labor.... :)

Greensage45 said:
OMG,

You must feel like I feel right now. I just moved two truckloads of manure in two days and I am now jello!

You did an excellent job! That looks so soft and it will prevent any weeds from growing. Very nice Job!

Ron
Yes, I am quite tired. I was up at 4:30, out milking goats and tending chickens at 6, putting kids on the bus at 7, then I started doing outside stuff....

Latest posts