Hey from Alabama

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm from Haleyville, Alabama. I have a microfarm. So called because it's only an acre and a half. I have chickens, a small stand of fruit trees, a gardens, and hope to add more. Anyone nearby?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Happy acres! :frow

I'm here squeezing as much as I can (both time and spacewise) into one WV acre. We do have at least one regular member that I can think of in Alabama, but he hasn't been on for a long time.

Hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome @happy acres in Alabama! :frow

I am way up north on an acre and a half in the swamp... extending my growing season on TEG watching southern gardens sprout. :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Happy Acres :frow and :welcome from Eastern IA near the bend in the Mississippi River. I live in a small town with small yard, but DH and I own a 2 acre lot outside of town. Raised beds for all kinds of STUFF ! ;) Fruit trees, flowers and veggies. AND lots of poison ivy!!!! Have fun along with us as we all learn something new and make new friends.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It took a minute for me to come up with a name of the TEG Member living in AL. Boggybranch was a regular here on TEG. I checked his profile and see he was last here July of 2013.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Happy Acres, an acre and a half sounds hugh to me when you consider my size yard. I bet you can grow plenty there.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi! :frow My DH was born in Killen, Alabama. When he was 10, the family moved to Florence. North Alabama is beautiful country and the people are so friendly, it's like being at home, instead of 12 hours away.

Welcome to the forum, it's a friendly place and we are all a bunch of blabbermouths about our gardens! Can't wait to hear about yours!

Latest posts