Hey Pond People, I need help! Pond Pix Added

Dawn419

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We have been blessed with taking over the care and maintenance of our aquarium clients 5-tiered garden pond.

I have several small container ponds here at home and am in the process of repotting some of my pond plants to move to his pond.

We ordered fabric pots to use and my question is:

Does the seam of the pot belong on the inside, outside or does it even matter? :idunno

Pix of the pots in question:

4881_p4268000.jpg

4881_p4268001.jpg

Thanks in advance!!!

Dawn

***Edited to add my own pix!

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sorry I don't know the answer, but do you have any pics of your new pond?

I built a pond last year and I have no idea what to do with it.

I hope someone can answer your question!

Dawn419

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'll post pix here in a few hours! ;)

Dawn

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hi dawn,
Congratulations on getting an interesting project to work on.
While I do not have a pond I can't imagine whether the seam being on the inside or outside would make a difference.
I checked out the link you included in your post and enlarged the picture and it looks like the seam is on the outside of the pot if that helps any.
The picture they post shows a seam but it looks smaller(less material) than the one you show which leads me to believe the seam is on the outside like you posted.

It also says that you can fold the material to make them more shallow and if its okay to do that then I can't see how the seam would matter.
Maybe you can call the company and ask them tomorrow, unless thats too late and you need to get them done, if thats the case I would just do it whatever way you think because I doubt it will make a difference.
Good luck with it and enjoy, post pics if you get a chance, sounds nice.

Dawn419

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, simple life! :D

Well, I potted some of the water Irises and left the seams to the outside after thinking about being able to fold the pots down. ;)

Here's some pix of the pond for everyone's viewing pleasure (clickable thumbnails):

The lady who originally put in this pond never did any pond landscaping, so we're having a blast coming up with our plant list. She did 'scape around the pond, but it's too hodge-podge for us, so we're totally redoing all of that. About the only plants she used was Hostas and Asiatic Lilies and we really want to see more "POW" as far as blooming seasons go. :cool:

As soon as I get my many pieces of plant list papers together, I'll include a list of pond and landscape plants.

Dawn

Latest posts