Hi, I'm new from Southern California

GardeNerd

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new here and found my way from Backyard Chickens. This looks like a neat and informative site. Anyone else in L.A. or the O.C.? I am right on the boarder.

I am a stay at home mom, artist, school and church volunteer, brownie leader, and complete garden "nerd." When we bought the house 13 years ago, there was only grass, scattered weeds, and a Chinese Elm tree in the backyard and just grass in the front. I had told the real estate agent "we are looking to by a big yard with a house included." The house is tiny, just 1200 sq. ft. but the lot is shaped really interestingly with lots of space to garden.

My grandma was a farmer and my mother is a gardener, so I have been gardening all my life. Organically, for about 15 years when I moved into a duplex with a yard and a couple of handmedown issues of organic gardening magazines.

Here is a link to my garden pics I posted on one of my BYC pages.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=20741-garden-photos

hennypenny9

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, your garden is awesome! I'm so envious, especially of all the fruit you have! Well, and the chickens. I didn't know you could hatch grocery store eggs?

GardeNerd

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I didn't know it either until finding an old thread on BYC referencing someones project.

Our thread is there about it if you search "Trader Joes Kids." It was fun! and turned into a school science project.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome. I am originally from Southern Cali. I grew up in East L.A. and lived in San Gabriel and Alhambra. There is no place like home. I live in Southern Louisiana now, but I miss Cali.

Latest posts