HI! New from Minnesota!

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Sarah, I'm married to David :) We have four beautiful bouncing baby boys! Brody (3 years), Mason (2 years), Orin (9 months), and Aidan (Due in October!). We also have a black lab pup named Dexter who is about 7 months old. We just bought our first house and during the whole house hunting process we were looking for something that would allow us a large garden. Well here we are in our new home with our garden planted, and I was introduced to this board by a friend. I started reading only to realize how very very little we know about gardening. So I'm really excited to read and learn all the secrets to a healthy wonderful garden!

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Sarah!

It looks like you have your hands full! Boys, dog, husband and garden! (That's in no particular order).

A lot of folks here have great knowledge to share and there are always things to learn. I know I learn something every time I come on.

Browse around and have fun!

Happy Gardening.

tricia

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome Sarah! What part of MN are you in? I have relatives all over MN! I'm from there originally but moved to Wisconsin when I got married.

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
tricia said:
Welcome Sarah! What part of MN are you in? I have relatives all over MN! I'm from there originally but moved to Wisconsin when I got married.
We live just outside Hutchinson, MN, so over here in farm country! We live in a little town of just over 700, but sadly we are IN town...but lucky enough to have two city lots. We plan to try and buy a farm and set up a homestead in the Dassel/Cokato area in a few years! Where is your family?

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome, Sarah! :)

You sure do have a busy life, it sounds like, but it's also sounds like a good kind of busy. :)

Congratulations on the new place! I hope to see you post often! :)

tricia

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Sarah_Mom2Four said:
We live just outside Hutchinson, MN, so over here in farm country! We live in a little town of just over 700, but sadly we are IN town...but lucky enough to have two city lots. We plan to try and buy a farm and set up a homestead in the Dassel/Cokato area in a few years! Where is your family?
I like that area. It's close enough to the cities for convenience but far enough away not to be in hustle and bustle. I have family in New York Mills, Wadena, East Bethel, North Branch and Golden Valley/Mpls.

I'm glad your family has joined gardening and you've joined TEG!

luckyducky

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi Sarah,
I too, am near Hutchinson, I have a small hobby farm with my 10 year old son, ( the bank lets us think we own 15.5 acres) and we have 10 horses, 3 dogs 2 cats, 9 chickens, and 2 ducks. I am just relearning the gardening thing. I used to have beautiful gardens, but, since I purchased this swamp... I couldn't get anything to grow ( except chocolate mint, have scads of chocolate mint, all over my pasture, horses don't like to eat chocolate mint...). This year someone told me about square foot gardening, and I tried it, my garden is growing great guns ( or something )!!!!!! Hope to hear more of you and your family!

Latest posts