Hi Tammy here. So glad I found this group. New to Texas and it’s my first time gardening in humidity. From New Mexico where it’s hot and dry.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can put the name of your town. Haha look it up @flowerbug !! I know where Splendora is. Been through there many times on the way to Houston. Used to live in Livingston for 30+ years before moving here almost 7 years ago.

Are you on the east or west side of Highway 59 or is it called Interstate 69 on that end now?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Click on the name and you get a map if the name is in the "location" spot. I use that feature all of the time. If I feel that the location is that important I might highlight it and do an internet search. Highlight, click, click, done.

I find knowing where people are extremely useful in many things but the internet is a dangerous spot. I'm not in favor of requiring this type of information unless they want to volunteer it, though I often suggest it be provided. I want people to feel comfortable here, not feel threatened.

My frustration is when someone puts in something like "Springdale". I think most states have at least one Springdale, some states more than one. That type of stuff is not very helpful.

TJOHLSSON

Leafing Out
Reaction score
You can put the name of your town. Haha look it up @flowerbug !! I know where Splendora is. Been through there many times on the way to Houston. Used to live in Livingston for 30+ years before moving here almost 7 years ago.

Are you on the east or west side of Highway 59 or is it called Interstate 69 on that end now?
On the west side of 69.

TJOHLSSON

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Click on the name and you get a map if the name is in the "location" spot. I use that feature all of the time. If I feel that the location is that important I might highlight it and do an internet search. Highlight, click, click, done.

I find knowing where people are extremely useful in many things but the internet is a dangerous spot. I'm not in favor of requiring this type of information unless they want to volunteer it, though I often suggest it be provided. I want people to feel comfortable here, not feel threatened.

My frustration is when someone puts in something like "Springdale". I think most states have at least one Springdale, some states more than one. That type of stuff is not very helpful.
When I click on my name, I don’t see a map anywhere?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't know about that feature and I've been on this forum for a long time. Duh, learn something new every day! LOL

You will like the long growing season that you have. In Livingston, in the fall I planted broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, both red and green, green onions, mustard greens, turnip greens, lettuce and had a great garden. Sometimes it went dormant and didn't grow much, but kicked back in when it warmed up in early spring. I planted English peas in mid January. I planted red potatoes in mid February. Here, I get frozen mush. It gets cold enough, long enough to freeze anything I plant. Enjoy your fall garden!

Latest posts