HiDelight, Where Are You?

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know you are sick and went to the doctor.
I know you were feeling better and waiting for this morning to open the box I sent.

But I don't know today how you are.
I am worried about you!

pencilmail.gif

Joe

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh good. Thanks for the update. Be well, HiDelight!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh you guys thanks so much for you caring ..all I can say is hermity gardeners rule you stay away from others an you do not get sick

this has been a (insert bad word here) to get over!

I am so glad I did not bring this to my dear friends BBH and DM you guys both gave me hugs and OMG all I could think of when I got sick the next day "Typhoid HiDelight"

the coughing and wheezing ..seriously get flu shots! I get them every year since I had actual seasonal flu and almost drowned in my own body ...never had a problem until this year and it was like opening the door and a ton of bricks falling on me ..high fever ...stomach troubles..body aches ...then the lung stuff ...no cold symptoms this went straight to the lungs

and guys I am not the high risk group for H1N1..if you are young ...pregnant..have asthma or anything else (check out the cdc.gov site for all the importants stuff)

I missed two freaking weeks of work!!! I have been winded just making the bloody bed!

Yesterday Joe's box came and my illness took a turn for the better...and of course it was my chipmunk day (he is the one who gave me this the little snot monster :) )

all that is left of this is a horrid cough that makes my ribs and tummy hurt and kills my sleep ...and the fatigue but all is well and I thank you so much for caring ...I respect anyone's choices not to get immunized but man choose your poison carefully with this one and I am for sure going to get immunized for the seasonal flu as soon as I get back to work ...H1N1 my doctor said even though he is about 95% sure I have H1N1 ..he still wants me to get this shot because if it was not it then I have run myself down so much that he would worry what it would do if I caught it ..so I will not resist the temptation to avoid it ..besides it is not just for ourselves we get flu shots it is for the community as a whole so even if we are ok we can ..by taking care to prevent it in ourselves also protect the people around us ...

much love to you ..now I have to go and make a blog entry so you can see what a great gift Joe sent :)

I think he should do this for a living the box was packed perfectly ..all those plants....they really did well a tiny bit jet lagged but nothing really much ..I do worse when I take a cutting to my friends house across town! ..they are now with their new homies settling to their new digs

thanks Joe! so nice of you and as in anything in life timing is everything.. and this certainly cheered us up to have something fun to do yesterday .. my poor husband has had a toothache all through this as well so everytime he coughed the tooth pounded and he could not go to the dentist this sick and risk spreading it! ....so I will go put the photos on the blog now before the chipmunk wakes up and we start moving again!

today I have to get out of here I am not a spreader of germs now so I think a little farmers market trip to "blow the stink off " is just what we need ..the plan is to make rustic tarts this weekend and since I dont have my own apple tree anymore I have to go buy them ..but it is ok I live in Washington we have yummy apples here!

OOOOXXXX you guys are the best and funny to stay but I missed you all yesterday and wanted to share my adventure...read about yours ..you are my coffee friends in the morning even if you have no clue you are with me here having coffee and talking gardening! I was just too worn out to post it all ..thank goodness for digital cameras!

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Dont buy apples, I'll give you some of mine!! I have one tree with fresh ripe apples ready to go and 5 more trees waiting in the wings. Most of the apples are from England and Germany. I will go out to read their name tag and get back to you later. I also have pears (two types!) and crabapples! (I can deliver too...;) )

I am so glad to hear you are better!! That was a doozie wasn't it? I have only been sick that bad once in my life and when you typed "drowning in my own body" I totally get it!!! Good way to describe it.

Have fun at the farmer's market!!!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow,

When it rains it rains! I am so sorry you got all Virus-like on us. Your body must be strong that is why you are so symptomatic!

One recommendation I would give would be to up your Vitamin C and also include NAC (supplement at health foods) at the moment of symptoms. It stands for N-Acetyl Cysteine, and it will stop your immune response from filling your lungs with fluid (this is the part that kills folks...their own immune systems)

Seriously, this is your body killing you in essence! This is why the factors on who is at risk is such an odd thing.

Biggest Huggs,

Ron

Of course you also should be on D-3 with a Calcium supplement too!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
Wow,

When it rains it rains! I am so sorry you got all Virus-like on us. Your body must be strong that is why you are so symptomatic!

One recommendation I would give would be to up your Vitamin C and also include NAC (supplement at health foods) at the moment of symptoms. It stands for N-Acetyl Cysteine, and it will stop your immune response from filling your lungs with fluid (this is the part that kills folks...their own immune systems)

Seriously, this is your body killing you in essence! This is why the factors on who is at risk is such an odd thing.

Biggest Huggs,

Ron

Of course you also should be on D-3 with a Calcium supplement too!
OOOXXXX :) thank you!!!

BBH come to the Apple Squeeze :)

Latest posts