High Speed at Last!

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have Netflix, Prime Video, and Hulu. I also watch free videos on many of the major networks like Disco ery, History Channel, and DIY. I cut cable 10 years ago. Instead of paying $1200 a year, I pay maybe $300 for the stuff I shbscribe to now. Cable can KMB.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have netflix, amazon prime, and youtube. We don't miss cable. Between netflix and amazon we get plenty of stuff for us and the kids.
WARNING: If you purchase movies on amazon prime, you usually just get the english language track vs DVD english, french, and spanish are usual. Frustrating cause we figured this out after we bought a bunch and they are useless for language training.

You don't get the closed caption language options when you purchase? On Prime, I find some I have to set through the settings, others I can do through the video itself. We purchase any videos through Fandango for the most part.

margali

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You don't get the closed caption language options when you purchase? On Prime, I find some I have to set through the settings, others I can do through the video itself. We purchase any videos through Fandango for the most part.
As an example, if I buy Frozen on Amazon prime, I get English, English for the hearing impaired subtitles and that's it. The DVD has those plus French with French subtitles in Spanish with Spanish subtitles. so the DVD version is useful for language practice but the Amazon prime version is not.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have satellite Direct TV, basic package for $97 a month. We have Hughes Net satellite for internet, basic package for $90 a month. Neither is that great, but beats nothing. Dh loves his TV and I love my internet, that's just what it is. We sure wouldn't move to get cable again. We love our little paradise.

Latest posts