Hocus-Pocus...Poof...Old "frige is now a seed starting greenhouse

ABHanna4d

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thats really great! How has it worked out so far??

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, not too pleased with it, right now....but I have had it sitting on the edge of the patio, facing west. The seedlings tend to be a little leggy. I'm hoping, when I move it out to the shed, where I'll be able to put it facing south, it will work out good (and it should). Plan to do that Sunday, with the help of my son.

ABHanna4d

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
Well, not too pleased with it, right now....but I have had it sitting on the edge of the patio, facing west. The seedlings tend to be a little leggy. I'm hoping, when I move it out to the shed, where I'll be able to put it facing south, it will work out good (and it should). Plan to do that Sunday, with the help of my son.
Let us know how it works out?
Do you have any lights in or around it or is it heated at all?
Im looking for ways to do some indoor gardening without too much electrical charge

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

Boggy b,

I think I would be tempted to lay it in it's back, line the inside with aluminium foil; then put a sheet of clear rigid plastic or one of your donated windows on the top -- make it into a cold frame! :D

Good luck anyway.....!

:rose Hattie :rose

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey AB,
Don't have any lighting or heat in it. With the cool/cold nights, I bring everything indoors when the temps start fall late in the afternoons.

Hey Hattie,
A cold frame had crossed my mind, but briefly. Figured that it was too deep too work very well.
Everything I've read about cold frames "talks" about sloping one side and placing the coldframe facing south, to be able to take full advantage of the winter sun.

Latest posts