Holy Cow! It's Hot!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Over 100 degrees today and supposed to be hotter tomorrow. Over the past week our temps were in the mid 70's to mid 80's, before that we had 90's. My poor plants don't know what to think about all these weird temp fluctuations this year. I, howerver, know exactly what to think. . .:tongue

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
skeeter9, that's tough. we've had a mild may here. that's kinda unusual. we've usually hit high 90s by now. we've been in the 80s. any day now summer will start in earnest.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got 2" of blessed rain last night and nice cooling winds. But scorching heat is on the way!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We had heavy frost on the 26th, then just a few days later the high was 87. It's cooled back off now with high's in the low 70's and lows supposed to go down to 44 the next couple of nights. We were supposed to get rain over the weekend with the cold front, but our little hilltop didn't get a drop. It's been extremely dry for the last couple of weeks.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Last Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday it was 95-100+. Our thermometer in the sun said 120 on Saturday. That is just no good! I'm with you there skeeter!!

But then...on Sunday early evening, the storm clouds rolled in and we had thunderstorms. We sat outside under the porch (yes...as tall porch :D ) smoking up some bacon from one of our pigs. It was nice to be outside and feel the air temp change and smell some good bacon on a smoldering maple fire too. Yesterday, back into the 80's. Ahhhhhh.......

I hope you get a break skeeter!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think we're done with breaks for this year. It's been in the 90's this week and will hit 100 today, 108 Saturday. . . Time to hit the pool!

Latest posts