Home Depot Credit Card

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got a email from home depot today, anyone who has used their credit card between april 2014 and now can get 1 year free Identity protection services. Just go to their website for more info.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got something like that from DW's medical lab.

I just renewed McAfee security for the pc. In a year, I will now need to make a decision on identity protection ...

Shoot. Why does life have to be so uncertain and complicated?

digitS'

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Credit protection is free. Just contact all three credit reporting companies and put a freeze on any new credit. What that means is that before you can open new credit, you have to contact them and take the freeze off. Makes it a little more difficult to open new credit, but look at all the money you will save!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
They had a pretty big data breech recently. We got a notice in the mail about it too, except this was involving my DH's bank card.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is it NEW credit?

Like, someone using another's identity to apply for, receive and use borrowed money/credit cards?

These things don't occur to me. I was just thinking that existing credit may be tapped. Shoot.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
This happened with Target too (on bank cards) awhile back. I took them up for the offer of one year free credit monitoring. It sends you an email if anything looks off or any new credit line is applied for.

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just make sure you are dealing with an authentic site; don't use links and type in addresses yourself. After data breaches like HD, lots of spammers come out with messages that look authentic offerings to "watch" your credit line. This is a big problem, so please be careful.

Latest posts