Homemade seedling pots...

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have to agree with the author...I tried the origami paper pots one time and ended up with newspaper folded within an inch of it's life that resembled nothing like a seedling pot. Break out the tape!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I like the idea... but I tried this and I couldn't get it to last any longer then my paper towel roll pots. So far ALL my PT pots have fallen apart and rotted on me... newspaper too. Had to move all those seedling to peat pots. If I was to move everything out to the garden in 3 weeks, they would have been fine, beyond that they start to degrade fast.

I was really bummed. :idunno

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I bought those little jiffy peat pellets... you pour water on them and they expand.. it is $2 for 25 of them.. I had two trays given to me with them in it.. but I mostly just buy the refills.. I have them in whatever I can find.. LOL.. I also save my containers.. the mushroom containers from the store.. those have been working good.. also the salad containers.. (not the bags but the plastic) those work good too.. and they have a top.. but we really dont need the top here..
any kitchen container I have been saving and put the pods into..