Honeyberries?

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have never tried them either, but I sure look at them every year and want to. :lol: Oh, to own my own land.......

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
tinychicken,
;) Thanks for that link, i'll be sure to have a look at it.

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Our local nursery sells honeyberry bushes.

They told me that you need to get a male and a female to get fruit.

So, its on my list this year.

The nursery folk here arent so much concerned with a sale as much as they are with making you happy. I was told that the fruit is really good and that as long as I have a male and a female it will be a year or two and then I will have fruit.

Now to justify $50 for 2 plants...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Its like I told my neighbor would bought a plum tree (female of the type) and they said he needed a male to pollinate or he'd get very little fruit. Then only bought the one tree...

"No wonder you haven't gotten any fruit for 5 years!"

:lol:

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I put four in last spring (one male three females), still gonna be a couple years before I get fruit but they seem (knock wood) to be growing pretty well so far despite being probably in a wetter clayier spot than they might prefer.

I have not tasted them, but my next door neighbor who has says they are "like all of those other berry species that people say taste like blueberries -- they don't taste all that *much* like blueberries, but they are still pleasant tasting enough". LOL I think it is probably like how snake, frogs, etc etc are all said to "taste like chicken".

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

Latest posts