Honeysuckle and Rosmary Flower Salad PIX

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, it looks much like the Spring Salad, since it too has Johnny Jump Ups.
Feb1409HoneysuckleRosmarySalad02ema.jpg

I had never used Rosemary flowers in anything. They are a pale lavender/blue color and have a faint Rosemary flavor. Here is a close up photo so you can see the Rosemary flowers better.

Feb1409HoneysuckleRosmarySaladclose.jpg

hmmm I edited it to get closer to the tiny rosemary flowers,
Rosemaryflowerscloseup.jpg

fumny the flowers look a pale blue on the rosemary bush, but on the salad they are lavendar.

21809Rosemarybushemail.jpg

The bright Orange flowers are from the Desert Honeysuckle bush that is blooming in my front yard. They bloom most of the year here.

I have three types of Honeysuckle in my garden. I have read that an infusion of honeysuckle flowers in water will help lower blood pressure. One of my Honeysuckle plants puts out berry clusters and they are edible. The berries too are said to reduce blood pressure.

sred98

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Gorgeous! We eat flowers, also! I love to take people around my garden and offer them bites. You should see the surprise on their faces when it actually tastes good! LOL! I think my favorite is offering them Dianthus. They are the most surprised at that, I think.

My kids love to eat flowers, too. They are very experimental. :thumbsup I have not tried honeysuckle flowers, other than sucking out the juice. :p I'll have to try that this year.

Thanks for the pics!

Shelly

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Are those nasturtium leaves in there? i didn't know the leaves were edible.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
setter4 said:
Are those nasturtium leaves in there? i didn't know the leaves were edible.
Yes, they are edible, but I don't like the taste of them. I did like looks of the varigated green leaves in the salad though.

Latest posts