hopes are dashed again!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
All week, I've been looking forward to Isaac's promised arrival this weekend. "2-4 inches of rain!" the weathermen said. But it is not to be. :( The latest forecast says it's going to miss us. Best we'll do is about half an inch. :he

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The channel 9 guy is still optimistic, but channel 19 is saying it's a bust. Mike's comment was that we can't even get rain out of a hurricane! :(

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are still waiting. I don't think we will get what they 1st predicted. Looks to be curling to the east now. So we are crossing our fingers to get ANYTHING. :fl

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We're getting it right now. Raining since 7 AM and expected to continue off and on until Sunday evening.
Kinda messed up my outdoor plans for the weekend but it's a nice trade.

THANX RICH

Teka

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My thoughts are with you. I hope you get some rain. We are into a many-year drought locally and had a dry summer with more recent respite with rain. I pray for a slow-moving hurricame to help us, but know you guys are in far worse shape.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Arctic sea ice is smaller than it has ever been in recorded history. Soon it'll be even smaller.

Ice shelfs in Antarctica are breaking up every 2 years now.

Glaciers on Antarctica and Greenland are doing what they call rapid slumping, calving into the oceans at unprecedented rates.

The reason China is building so many world's biggest dams is because the Tibetan plateau glaciers are retreating and shrinking, and those glaciers feed their rivers. They need to store water in huge reservoirs.

The weather is definitely going to change.

Looks like the Holocene period is ending in our lifetimes, anytime now.

The Holocene is characterized by moderate ice caps, all deserts expanding, wide temperate zones, and moderate temperatures on average worldwide.

What the next period will be characterized is anyone's guess. The Holocene began 14,000 years ago. Compared to other geologic periods, looks like the Holocene is going to be one of the shortest periods.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
wow I am surprised to hear that ! My weather shows a map where it shows all the colors of rain thats goes over the states. It shows that you were getting good amount of rain ! weird! I guess its like hit or missed! We didnt get much rain here either. since May, I would say less than half inch rain :(

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
desertlady said:
wow I am surprised to hear that ! My weather shows a map where it shows all the colors of rain thats goes over the states. It shows that you were getting good amount of rain ! weird! I guess its like hit or missed! We didnt get much rain here either. since May, I would say less than half inch rain :(
It has been cloudy, hot and VERY humid in S.E. Indiana today but not one drop of rain. We can't even buy a raindrop around here. I've been working outside since 8:00 AM and came in to get a bite to eat. I'm probably done for the day. Whew!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Less than twenty miles south is getting a bit of moisture from Isaac, but not this far north. Nope, nada, none! Seems we're stuck at 2.6 inches for the whole growing season. Not gonna work!

My late September through October allergies are already here. The trees are losing leaves faster than my portfolio is losing value. As far as years go, this summer is going down as one of the worst here in south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

Latest posts