Hot Cherry Pepper not sprouting!!

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK, I started my peppers on 2/24 because I know how long they can take to start. All of my peppers are sprouting except my "Large Hot Cherry Pepper". Not one has started. This is my first year with this specific pepper so I may be doing something wrong.

I am now placing it at the window everyday to help the soil temp. but I only started this on Monday. Should I be worried and start a new batch of seeds or does it always take this long? Today is day 23. You can hatch chickens in this amount of time for cryin out loud.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, HunkieDorie, a seed is a tiny embryo wrapped inside a coat.

If the location is good enuf for your other pepper seeds to have germinated in, what, half this length of time - your cherry pepper seeds don't sound very viable. I've only grown this variety once before and don't remember anything especially late about them . . . :hu

I'd give them another week but if you want those cherry peppers in your garden this year, you may want to get to your nearest garden center quick and pick up another packet of seed . . . from a different company.

Steve

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was kinda afraid of that. I am going to put a couple of seeds in a wet paper towel and see if anything happens. Crazy thing is I got these seeds from the same place as all the others.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
FINALLY, I threw out the ones that I had start because they did sprout and I needed the space but I put the rest of the seeds in the pack on March 18th. I checked it on Friday and one finally sprouted. I stuck into some soil and hopefully I get a couple more.

Latest posts