How come tarragon is so nasty?

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cassandra said:
patandchickens said:
It is possible you are using too much of it, but it also sounds like you just don't like it. Which is fair enough. I don't like dill :)
Pat
I love dill! I don't bother growing it, though cause I am more into annuals.
Just a small point - if you're 'more into annuals' then you should be growing dill, which is an annual. You can actually get two (around here) or even three harvests out of it over a season, it is quick to flower and set seeds.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Since you like garlic, I'd give garlic chives a whirl. When you mince chives for a baked potato, you would get a nice flavor. :)

I didn't know anyone didn't like olives....I've actually never met anyone who doesn't like any form of olive. Hmmmmm.

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
Cassandra said:
patandchickens said:
It is possible you are using too much of it, but it also sounds like you just don't like it. Which is fair enough. I don't like dill :)
Pat
I love dill! I don't bother growing it, though cause I am more into annuals.
Just a small point - if you're 'more into annuals' then you should be growing dill, which is an annual. You can actually get two (around here) or even three harvests out of it over a season, it is quick to flower and set seeds.
I know. I typed that ALL WRONG. It sould say "not into annuals." I noticed it when I was rereading the post yesterday. :p LOL

I did end up growing some dill and have mostly decimated it for use in kosher dill pickles. I also planted some basil. Pinched it all off, and it's bushed out again, but I am mainly feeding it to the animals now.

Cassandra

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Tutter said:
Since you like garlic, I'd give garlic chives a whirl. When you mince chives for a baked potato, you would get a nice flavor. :)

I didn't know anyone didn't like olives....I've actually never met anyone who doesn't like any form of olive. Hmmmmm.
Can you believe that? My husband gags, retches, and gasps for air each time he sees the jar! I am the only one in the house who eats them. Black olives are good to me as a... like a topping--on pizza, subs, or Mexican food. But they don't do much for me by themselves.

Cassandra

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm probably spoiled, as I get black olives freshly made. We have some olive groves not far from here. They make great oil, and are a source for freshly made black olives.

I also like the black ones brined. I don't know how to spell this, but it sounds like: miss-lynn-iss. Delicious! :)