How do I add my zone under my avatar?

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I notice a lot of people add their zone under their avatar, which I find helpful. Not sure how to add mine, though. I went to my profile page, I think it said personal information, and I just added my zone right after Fairfield, ME, then clicked save changes, but it says an error occurred and I have to fill out all required fields. The other fields were my birthday and all kinds of other stuff that I never filled out before.
I'm sure it is simple, but I couldn't find it even by searching on here. I appreciate any help!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i haven't tried changing mine since the switchover to the new format. the old way you used to go through your profile and personalization links.

ok, i just tried to change it and added Seacoast to my location.

go to the top right corner where your name is and put your mouse over it. a drop down menu should appear and click on 'Personal Details'. i just added the zone to my location option.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Chickie'sMomaInNH
Thanks for your reply. I can get to personal details. This time, I tried adding my birth date, but it always says:
"Please enter a value for all required fields"
Do I really have to put in my favorite plant and all those other things? Maybe it is an IPad issue?
Maybe I'll go back and type something random in every empty space and see if it will save.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It worked! I just typed one letter into every field. Then it showed an error for not having a valid URL for my homepage. I don't even know what my homepage is, I guess I don't have one, so I just put in google and it worked!
It seems crazy that you can't edit this information without having a homepage. Maybe my experience will help someone else.
Thanks again.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Status message?" I didn't think I had any.

I do have some Statice seedlings that are just showing up here in the South Window. Maybe that is what it is asking about . . .

You know, Statice is very useful for arrangements after it is dead and dried.

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i left the status message blank. there are 2 check boxes for the DOB i just unchecked those. when it came to the favorite plants part i just put i like em all!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think the status message is to let anyone who wonders why your not currently posting know what you're up to.
ie-"taking a nap on the couch" or "feverishly planting seeds in flats to catch up with Steve". I think most of us leave it blank to preserve an aura of mystery.

Just wondering Steve, what is the message from your statice?

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It worked! I just typed one letter into every field. Then it showed an error for not having a valid URL for my homepage. I don't even know what my homepage is, I guess I don't have one, so I just put in google and it worked!
It seems crazy that you can't edit this information without having a homepage. Maybe my experience will help someone else.
Thanks again.

When I first joined it didn't require me to fill in any of those things, later I added my zone and I still wasn't required to fill them in, I left them blank :hu I wonder why it is requiring you to fill them in.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I always blame everything on the IPad. Although
I must say this new format is very mobile friendly, so I don't know....