How do ya siphon gas?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Car's not running, has almost full tank. Can't get to town yet to get gas. Big gas guzzling generator gobbled my cans of gas.

I tried siphoning gas to a can, all I got was YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCHHH! 5 or 7 times. Uggh! Gasoline in mouth! still spitting, even after showering!

Here i am, almost 58, and i have never successfully siphoned gas!

How do ya do it? thought i was doing it right... ptoooey*

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh yes the universal credit card...

6' of clear hose and a 5 gallon gas can.
there is a art to not getting a mouth full.
thats all i am going to say on this subject :rolleyes:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even triple strong tang can't completely rid my mouth of traces of gasoline flavor! ...kind of...like poisonous mint or something... bleeeyecgh!

Thanks, I'll check that website.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, I read that. Pretty cool stuff.

Looks like I may have to jack the rear of my car up to get its gas tank higher than my 5 gallon gas can.

Looks like I did right rinsing the berjeebers out of my mouth with water, and then I went a step further and showered, washing my arms and chest down first, then down, then my beard, then my neck and face, then my hair. Lather rinse repeat, lol!

Oh the carefulness a person takes when there are no other humans around.

I emailed a friend to come help me figure out how to get my car running right. Only idles. Hopefully just the fuel filter, the dreaded kind built into the carburetor. Why in heck do they do things like that? Then I can get to town, maybe even pick up my good gas sipping generator...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have to figure out how to remove the filter in the carburetor. Maybe I can find one of those manuals online.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There is a way to siphon gas without getting any in your mouth if you have strong lungs. My grandfather showed me how to do it. Run your siphon hose from the tank to the container, stick a piece of PVC pipe (about a 3/4 inch pipe should work) in beside it. The pipe doesn't have to reach into the liquid. Now pack a rag around both stuffing it as tight as you can. Put the end of the pipe in your mouth and blow as hard and as long as you can. That will force the gas up into the siphon hose. Once the flow is established it will keep going. I could do it when I was younger but I doubt my lungs are strong enough now. (and no wise cracks about me being a blowhard. ;) )

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
hoodat said:
There is a way to siphon gas without getting any in your mouth if you have strong lungs. My grandfather showed me how to do it. Run your siphon hose from the tank to the container, stick a piece of PVC pipe (about a 3/4 inch pipe should work) in beside it. The pipe doesn't have to reach into the liquid. Now pack a rag around both stuffing it as tight as you can. Put the end of the pipe in your mouth and blow as hard and as long as you can. That will force the gas up into the siphon hose. Once the flow is established it will keep going. I could do it when I was younger but I doubt my lungs are strong enough now. (and no wise cracks about me being a blowhard. ;) )
That is smart!!! :thumbsup

Latest posts