How I love to see my son, Mateus.

AllyRodrigues

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This picture was from this weekend. I looked over and he was throwing feed for the chickens and geese and laughing his head off. I grew up in the city and that would have been my dream childhood. Because I never had that, it means the world to me that my son will be raised to get his hands dirty gardening, learning how to fix things, and raising animals. Since we don't have other children, his closest buddy is his dog, Lobo.

I'm proud that he lives in a home with parents of two different cultures and gets to appreciate both. I'm blessed that my husband is hardworking, fair and kind and that my son has the best chance in the world of becoming that kind of man.

I have a feeling that many other people on this site have raised their families in a way that has led them to be more self sufficient than most. Even if you have children who don't realize yet how valuable that is, I feel like the time is coming when they will.

8784_mateuschickens.jpg

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh gosh, how adorable!! I think the chix and geese are having as much fun as he is!!! And what a cute puppy too!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. He is adorable and looks so happy. :) My favorite photos of Grandsons are those taking in the garden or helping daddy and Papa fix things. He is 4. Love his grubby hands.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Do you speak Spanish? If so, make sure he picks it up while he's still young. Other languages than English are valuable assets all through life.

AllyRodrigues

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. He's 4 years old as well, and I selfishly wish I could keep him that age forever!

hoodat, no, we actually speak Portuguese. Since my mother in law went back to Brazil, though, my son is losing more and more of it. We tend to speak English at home. However, my husband's 11 year old daughter from a first marriage is coming to live with us this summer and she speaks no English. I'm thinking it will be good practice for both of them! We are very excited about having her.

AllyRodrigues

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Also, since I'm bragging, I need to show off this egg that i got on Wednesday!

8784_giantegg.jpg

Latest posts