How is your garden doing so far?

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Mine is looking ok. I can't wait until May so I can plant something besides cool weather stuff. My onions are out of control! Anyway, just a survey of sorts. I'd like to see what some others have growing so I thought I'd start.
6234_100_0909.jpg
[/img]

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh your garden looks wonderful :clap You have a great start with your cold weather crop :celebrate Is that an eletric fence around the perimater? what sort of critters have you been keeping out?
I have radishes, onions, cabbage, spinach and Mizuna mix out so far Today I am going to start some more radishes and some lettuce, brussel sprouts, broccoli and colored chard :woot Happy Easter Everyone :rainbow-sun and Happy Gardening :watering

:happy_flower Karan :D

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those onions are looking good! All I have out so far is cool weather varieties also. But I think I will get something else in the ground this week end. It's probably a littler early yet but I can't wait to get some summer squash started.

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yeah I confess it is an electric fence. Around here the whitetail deer will totally clean you out if you don't have electric fencing or regular fencing at least 5 ft. tall. I only keep it energized at night though. I'll try to post another pic later of my lettuce - I've been growing red sail lettuce the past couple of years and this year I alternated it with romaine. It really looks pretty neat.

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Here are some tomatoes from last year. I can't wait.
6234_027.jpg
[/img]

I have spring fever so bad........

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mine doesn't look nearly as good as yours, but considering it is SNOWING AGAIN, I am doing pretty well.

The leaf lettuce, mesclun, bok choy, and long leaf tong ho are doing well despite the blizzards. I made some progress on my new beds. I still have 2 areas to dig up and some slight modifications to do to my planting areas, but I am way further along than I had been in previous years. My indoor seedlings are also doing well. Need a few more lights, but I am having less spindly plants than in years past.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mine was doing very nice and green until today. I just harvested 10 lbs of spinach!

I took a picture because my sink was over flowing. I'll post it later.

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm jealous. :drool I don't even have a garden yet. I am getting ready to build some raised beds. Up to now, I have just been plopping down an occasional veggie plant in a flower bed.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mine is doing really good. I have the popcorn about knee high with green beans and sweet dumpling squash. The zukes are flowering and so is the tomatoes. The potatoes are doing well also. I have been working hard for a while now and cant wait to do some harvesting.

Vhem, that is a lot of spinach.

Latest posts