How to kill lawn earth worms

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The site is made to look like a person blog. I think it is set up by a chemical company. There is even an organic section of the site.

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ridgerunner hit the nail on the head, There was a article by Daniel A. Potter, Carl T. Redmond and David W. Williams written back in 2011 about the "excessive earthworm casting" on the greens and how to deal with them.
Now they also talked about other mean other than chemical like deep thatching, and the use of a organic mix of Tea Seed Meal, Kelp Meal and Poultry Manure now called Early Bird 3-0-1 that works by expelling earthworms and suppressing casting on playing surfaces.

Now I would gladly take all the Earth Worms they don't want and put them to good work too. ;)

Chris

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wouldn't all those "hideous" worm castings go flying when the lawn mower hit the green?
chris09 said:
Ridgerunner hit the nail on the head, There was a article by Daniel A. Potter, Carl T. Redmond and David W. Williams written back in 2011 about the "excessive earthworm casting" on the greens and how to deal with them.
Now they also talked about other mean other than chemical like deep thatching, and the use of a organic mix of Tea Seed Meal, Kelp Meal and Poultry Manure now called Early Bird 3-0-1 that works by expelling earthworms and suppressing casting on playing surfaces.

Now I would gladly take all the Earth Worms they don't want and put them to good work too. ;)

Chris

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
Wouldn't all those "hideous" worm castings go flying when the lawn mower hit the green?
chris09 said:

Chris
They use "Real" type mowers on green so not really.

Chris

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
Agreed! **ducks4you smacks GardenGuides.com right in the kisser**
You know, I sat there laughing and giggling because I thought she was trying to be 'funny' or a wise-butt about chemical use until I realized she was dead serious. :hu I think ANYONE can write stuff for it and if someone approves it, they'll post it with the posters info. I think they're more concerned about 'filling' the site then what info actually goes on there.

I wondered if she was marketing the product for monsanto she suggested to kill the worms?

I doubt she'll enjoy our comments on it too much when she sees them! HAHAHAHA

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:
ducks4you said:
Agreed! **ducks4you smacks GardenGuides.com right in the kisser**
You know, I sat there laughing and giggling because I thought she was trying to be 'funny' or a wise-butt about chemical use until I realized she was dead serious. :hu I think ANYONE can write stuff for it and if someone approves it, they'll post it with the posters info. I think they're more concerned about 'filling' the site then what info actually goes on there.

I wondered if she was marketing the product for monsanto she suggested to kill the worms?

I doubt she'll enjoy our comments on it too much when she sees them! HAHAHAHA
At first I thought it was a joke too.

StupidBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
geez louise! Not in the least bit surprized. The stories I could tell...

Wanna hear something funny about lawns? In my subdivision, I have the greenest nicest lawn this year and I tell you, no one is more surprised than I am. You see, I DO NOTHING but mow (with a bagger, so I can use the mulch on the veggies). I don't put anything on it, water, no thing. I just mow at the highest setting to encourage the fescue over the bermuda, my rational being I'd rather mow in the cool season than the hot season. And in a drought, such as now, I rarely mow at all. Go figure. I'm clueless. Like there was some lawn fairy that came by in the dark of night and fertilized the place.

In Atlanta, the lawn services SPRAY PAINT the dormant bermuda lawns green in the winter. Kid you not!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very smart, I'd say.
Edited to say you are very smart, not the spray painting the lawn green people.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
21017_10_full.jpg

1679980om30fxscpg.gif

Latest posts