I am now a Grandma....... to "Julia's" chicks!!!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:celebrate :bow :celebrate :bow :celebrate :bow :celebrate :bow :celebrate :bow :celebrate :bow :celebrate :bow :celebrate

:rose :frow After a bad start she has finally DONE IT! :D :lol: :cool: "JULIA" is a MOTHER :bouquet

FIVE beautiful CHICKS!!!! :love

There are four more eggs but.........???? I think she might give up on these as she is so taken with the little darlings, who are constantly demanding her attention.

I have just been out with them; they are all dry & fluffy & they have eaten & drunk (taught by mum)! I am so proud of her. :clap :clap :clap

:ya Hattie :ya

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey Hattie,
worthless.jpg
:gig

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sorry no pics. There is definitely something wrong with the camera -- as well as me. I've been working on getting them ALL AFTERNOON instead of gardening........!!! I want you all to see my grand-kids! :love :hugs

:frow However I'm not giving up! :tongue :tongue :plbb :lol:

I need a cup of tea first though......:hu :idunno :bow

:rose Hattie :rose

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow "Julia" & the chicks are doing well, all are eating & drinking well. Mum felt secure enough to want to go walk about a couple of times -- she didn't go far & was chatting to them all the time. :love

She took them off to bed early (late afternoon). They are in an old rabbit hutch so there are 2 compartments -- a closed,dark area for sleeping & an area which is open to the air & light but secure from everything else. I don't use any extra heat because Mum keeps them cosy & the nights now are mild. The other chickens are very interested in the new arrivals. not in a nasty way at all. They know it's family! :D I find that if you keep them all in sight of each other it's easier later when you want to integrate the chicks.

No I haven't forgotten about pics. I hope to get someone to look at the camera on Monday!

Good night everyone! :rainbow-sun

:rose Hattie :rose

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:rainbow-sun CONGRATS Hattie !!!!:rainbow-sun

Would love to see pics of you new chicks.
I bet your happy and excited for them :clap

Good Luck!!