I Am Ready, Bring It On!!

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well I am ready for spring, bring it on. :tools
I (read my husband) rearranged my raised vegetable beds yesterday and added several more and turned over all the soil.
The snow is finally gone, at least from that area, the rest of the yard it is still lingering on, but he has been breaking it up and spreading it out so it melts.
Even if it snows :fl again I won't mind as much because the big stuff is done and ready for planting.
I just have to bring in some more soil for the new beds.
I won't have to move anything again.
The kids are starting some of their seedlings today for their gardens. :watering

wvsheila

Leafing Out
Reaction score
me too!!!!! I'm soooooo ready It has been a killer winter and I have cabin fever even tho I go out everyday. I was digging my garden when the ground was still half frozen. But I woke this morning to find 6" of snow on the ground And a lot left to do.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It feels good to get out there though doesn't it?
Its rainy here today but we got most of the yard cleaned up and the garden all organized so it looks nice from my kitchen window at least. No more dirty snow.(for now)
My compost should be ready by planting time and all of my seeds are ordered and most have already arrived.
Starbucks took my phone number today and they are going save the used coffee grounds from today and tomorrow and call me tomorrow afternoon to pick them up and I'll toss those into the compost heap.

WIkalanchoe

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'm so ready I can already taste tomatoes! There's still a good foot of snow on the ground here so I haven't been able to till up any of the garden soil outside yet. But I am sitting on my hands to keep from starting my vegetable seeds too early indoors. My average last frost date is May1st. I can at least start my tomato seeds right now, yeah?

wvsheila

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I haven't recieved any of my orders yet, but everyday my grand daughter has to check the mail and see if they came. Shes 3 1/2
and can't wait for her garden. she ordered all the colorful seeds. bright lights swiss chard, indian corn, mixed color tomatoe seeds,
and of course all types of berrys. I've never seen a child that small so excited about growing things. last year she planted the eggs I gathered one day so they would hatch it took my brother and I almost a day to find them. (she wouldn't tell)

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It's still cold and windy here and a little snow on the ground but I am SOOOOO ready.
I went and got a 6.5' x 8.5' greenhouse today. I can't wait to get it up! :D
Ordered 100 strawberries yesterday!

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, that is so funny about the eggs!!
Its funny how kids think.
My kids are excited about their gardens too. We got seeds for all the colorful stuff too, purple and orange caulifower, rainbow colored carrots, bright lights swiss chard and purple (amethyst) beets.
Then there are all the colored potatoes, purple mashed potatoes or blue french fries anyone?

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We got the old sheep pen cleaned out yesterday & spread over the expansion area of our garden & got started on moving the raised beds(I need to put wire under them for gopher issues). Today we are moving our 2 tractor tires for the strawberries & aloe vera plants & more work on raised beds. We will work on the raised beds every day this week so we can get a new rectangle shaped one built in the space where the round ones are. The new one is made from cinder blocks(freebies also). Dh is picking up the new tiller motor tomorrow so by Thurs., it should be ready to go & he will start tilling & furrowing the hills(rows) so by Sat., we will be palnting most everything. I am really getting ancie about it all.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Got cold screaming winds here again today. For all the sun we have its been a horrible cold 40 degrees with high cold winds to match. No snow... but I would trade anything, even rain, to not have these winds. :/

COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!

wvsheila

Leafing Out
Reaction score
we're not going to get out of the 20's today but at least the it quit snowing. (we got about 6" yeaterday) it will be in the 50's by friday so I'll get back to work this week. I just get so impatient waiting, it makes me crazy.