" I am smart. "

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Late yesterday afternoon, I received a telephine call from my now 5 year old grandson # 3. We had a long conversation , then he informed me that his Mom and Dad registered him for kindergarten last Friday and that he is very excited to finally go to school. I said that is very good news and that he should listen to his teacher and practice his lessons with homework every day so that he can become very smart. He responds with " But Papa, I am smart NOW " . We then spent more time as to why he should do his homework everyday so that he could be even more smart as he grows. " OK " ! :thumbsup

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kids pick up on adults' opinions pretty quick, don't they? I hope by saying grandkid #3, you mean he has 2 siblings. If so, that will keep him grounded. My brother has a 9 year old with huge IQ, was raised to interact with adults as an equal. He may be a little but Asperger's, too, which adds to his precociousness. Sometimes pretty annoying. One recent family gathering, he went around asking all the male adults "Have you ever been to jail?" This could have gotten very sticky, had he kept it up after the last of the guests arrived. :rolleyes:

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am always surprised at how smart kids seem to be today compared to when we were their age. :old

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@MoonShadows Schooling and the push to read, learn shape, color etc... starts VERY young today. It is not unusual for a 2 year old to be in pre school classes for 2 years. Then a year of pre-K before starting Kindergarten. The Pre-K program is ALL day. At 4 years my children where still getting daily naps and started Kindergarten at 5 for only 1/2 days. No trying to teach them to read before 1st grade back then!

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yup. I didn't start K until I was 5, and it was just a half day.

Latest posts