I am so mad, I could spit!!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dh went on a 17 day camping trip, and I used the time to process 20 dozen ears of corn for the freezer. I was very proud of myself! Today, I open the freezer to grab something for dinner and discover the freezer is not working and all my corn is totally defrosted!! I don't think I have much choice but to use it for chicken food now....Not many things bring me to tears, but this just might!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think your corn will be a danger to eat. It is meat that cannot be refrozen due to bacteria. If it was still at least cold I would refreeze it. It may not be as tasty as it was. Unless you have not yet replaced the freezer. So sorry for all that work!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you processed it some time ago, realize that these things happen, Lesa. You have lots of reasons to feel proud of yourself.

These things happen to me. And, I consider myself a skoshi above average in smarts. I can't remember the last time I was inebriated. Not even the last time I felt the effects of a pain killer. These things happened when I was young/middle aged/olde. I think that these things happen to me more often than to others, altho' it may not help for you to know that.

Maybe try to think about how things would look, from 30,000 feet up.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Lesa, that is terribly disappointing. :hugs I have had a freezer go kaput too. The replacement I bought has a battery powered alarm that beeps if the power should go off.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
aaargh! what carol dee says, exactly!

Let me buy you a beer....one to chase a shot of tequila down with?

Teka

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So sorry!! I lost a freezer full of goodies once.

Maybe instead of a beer and tequila, you could use the corn to make some shine. It may be on its way already!

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nothing beats the time we left for a two week vacation and DH flipped the breaker for the water heater, like he always does. So... we get home and there is an *awful* smell. Yep, he flipped the wrong breaker and turned off the kitchen fridge!

We now have two auxiliary freezers and I worry about them going out and ruining all that food. The new upright has an alarm, but the older chest freezer does not.

Maybe time for an alarm... this looks like cheap insurance... http://www.thermoworks.com/products/alarm/rt801.html

-Wendy

Latest posts