I Come In Peace

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey! Glad you joined TEG! You will love this bunch of folks, everyone here is so nice! There are some awesome gardeners here, any problems you have, can be solved!

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@baymule - glad to see you over here! I haven't been too terribly active yet here, but I am going to try and post more ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, is it the topic or people that you like here more than the other sites?

Mary
Both. I am passionate about my gardening and having fellow gardeners that actually can get as excited about a truck load of manure as I do is awesome! Everyone here is beyond nice, I love all of you......even @seedcorn but don't tell him.... :lol:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
The people, most definitely. Calm, rational and intelligent. Not easy to take offense, helpful, generous and truly caring, not trying to be the one that's the most right most of the time, not arguing for the sake of arguing, not trying to dominate a thread or the site. Just nice folks all the way around..that's TEG.

I was on SS from the very beginning and then a new, disturbing atmosphere moved in, knowledgeable and friendly folks moved on to escape the bad element and it's just an empty shell now. I rarely ever go there any longer. Nothing to see there.

BYC? That's just best if taken in very small doses if you value your sanity. Same with BYH.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love this forum because of the people, and also because of the relaxed flow of conversation. It's like a room full of people talking. You never know where the conversation is going. One thread might be started about someone's new cow, and two pages later we are discussing finding parts for a 57 Chevy.
It may drive the site moderators crazy, if they are trying to keep us organized, but I think that is what makes it so active. You have to read all the threads, to keep up with everything.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Every once in awhile I make the mistake of going over to BYC to ask a question. I usually get either little to no response, or worse...some domineering person wants to write me a 14 paragraph response on how it has to be done the way they do it because apparently I'm ruining my chicken's life. :confused: Otherwise, it seems most of the conversation is of a show and tell kind of nature. The threads are often massive and who has time to read through a couple thousand pages? It's usually just easier to Google what I want to know.

I have gone on SS a few times. There's not a lot of people talking about SS topics really. Very little useful information.

I think we have a good balance here of fun and conversation while also trying to be helpful to people who are seeking information. There's a lot of experience and wisdom collected here and everyone seems to enjoy passing it on without being rude or argumentative about it. I feel TEG is very inclusive, warm and welcoming to newcomers. Feels like we're all just neighbors, stopping to chat while we lean on our hoe. :)

Latest posts