I did it, placed an order!

jc12551

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I got an e-mail from Parks Seed that they were having a dollar seed sale. I spent a long time on that site. I prefer Burpee, but they are waaaaayyy more expensive. Any way, here is what I got and the price. Any suggestions or comments on the varieties are welcome.

1. Eggplant Rosa Bianca, 30 seeds, $0.75
2. Tomato La Rossa Hybrid, 30 seeds, $1.95
3. Tomato Lady Bug Hybrid, 100 seeds!, $1.50-what I am I going to do with 100 seeds?
4. Impatient Mosaic Hybrid, 30 seeds, $2.75
5. Petunia Celebrity Mix, 100 seeds, $2.50----Anybody ever grow these?
6. Morning Glory Heavenly Blue, 50 seeds, $1.45-a classic
7. Monkey Flower Magic Blotch Mix, 50 seeds, $2.75--I have always wanted to grow these.
8. Luffa Gourd, 25 seeds, $2.25--I don't know where in my duplexed yard I will put these. I hope my new neighbors don't move in until after the chicks and garden are established!
9. Carmen Pepper, 15 seeds, $2.95-bit high, but been looking for this variety
10. Eureka Hybrid Cuke, 30, $1.95--always have grown spacemaster, but didn't do good
11. Tomato Viva Italia Hybrid Tomato, 30 seeds, $1.95
12. Rare Succulent Mix, 25 seeds, $2.65-pricey, but cool? I don't know what a 'rare' succulent is, but I grow hens and chicks and aloe here. I wanted cactus seeds, but I read they can take 2-10 years to grow into full plants. I don't have much patience.
13. Pearl Cuke, 10 seeds, $free with order-a white cuke?
Red Currant Tomato, 25 seeds, $1.25-interesting plant, says 4 will fit on a dime. DH looked at me like I was crazy. Every garden needs something interesting.

I container garden so I hope I made good choices. I think the luffa will go on one side of the chick run for some natural shade. I don't know if they will eat it though.

I am not done ordering/buying seeds! A friend e-mailed and said Wally World has seed displays up. Off I go tomorrow.

henrietta23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Congrats! I have only picked up two packets of Burpee Organic seeds I happened to find at a discount store (Ocean State Job Lot for any other southern New Englanders!) I got Early Jalapenos and Sweet Basil. The rest of my orders are going in tomorrow. I've got one for Johnny's Kitchen Garden Seeds and one for Cook's that everything else that I wanted that Johnny'd didn't have.
I like you list! It's making me eager for spring.

jc12551

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I just got Johnny's and Cooks this week for the 1st time. I usually don't order from cataloges, I live a block from a feed and seed store that has seeds cheap. But, since I container garden I have to be a bit careful of what I buy. Not all varieties do well for me. I got more lettuce in today along with snow peas. I have not been able to get them going once this year.

Now I have to round out my order. I already started some seeds today. I can have things out by April Fool's Day here and need to get peppers going soon.

I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IN THE DIRT!!!!!!!!!!

jc12551

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My Park's order came today. Everything but the Eureka cuke came. I am so excited.

Latest posts