I don't know how they know, but they know.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read this and started laughing. :lol::lol: Basically you have then in a dungeon, albeit a sufficiently warm and lit dungeon, yet they defy you and light up their dungeon with their blossoms. :gig

I prefer to think of it as protective custody, as their only alternative in New York this time of year would be to go dormant, permanently dormant. :th

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's the spot our newest member, @Michael Borg, is looking for. Jackb, it seems you will have a new friend to talk olive trees with. Hopefully, Michael will give us more information about his gardening interests, challenges, and adventures.

AND, it just happens to be Michael's special day. :yaHappy :yabirthday and :welcome

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not a bit mystified by the plants knowing the turn of the seasons, though I'm still in amazement and in awe over it, as I am with all of God's creation. When one considers the complexity of these creations, it's an insight into the intelligence and creativity of the Creator. Our human minds, even those considered the most intelligent, can never fathom how complex God made even the most simple of organisms.

They did studies on roosters and how they know when to crow as dawn approaches....enclosed them in climate controlled dark rooms, etc. and still the roosters knew when to crow. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/03/130318-rooster-crow-circadian-clock-science/

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Probably, the annual mass reproduction could lead to a natural imbalance. For example, the death of the plant. Or vice versa - this could lead to an increase in the population of animals or birds that feed on it, which could also cause an imbalance.
Perhaps something was disappeared in nature. Something that has been associated with the cycle.
For example, this happened with corn. It is well known that corn does not reproduce independently. If people stop her to cultivate the corn will disappear. Also, some species of orchids disappear if disappears roisterer.
In nature, everything is interconnected very reasonable. Because harmoniously.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Latest posts