I don't know what that is.... "Garden Bean/Silver Line Melon"

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I went to the store and bought some bush beans to replace my carrots, and some pole beans to grow along the fence. Both of the bean packs were labeled "Garden Bean" is this just something fancy to call regular old beans?

I also bought some seeds for "Silver Line Melon" I've never heard of it, but it looked interesting so I bought a pack. Has anyone tried growing this before?

Thanks!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I saw some good feedback for them on burpee.com 's website!

People said they were 1-2 people size melons and you can peel them so no thick rind to deal with.

They look yummy!!! Let me know how they turn out for you... I would love to trade you some seeds next year to give them a try!

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
vfem said:
I saw some good feedback for them on burpee.com 's website!

People said they were 1-2 people size melons and you can peel them so no thick rind to deal with.

They look yummy!!! Let me know how they turn out for you... I would love to trade you some seeds next year to give them a try!
I have half a pack left if you want to try them this year. They are supposed to have a pretty quick growing season, if you want them, let me know.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That silver line melon looks very similar to a variety i planted called Gold Bar from Park Seed.

Latest posts