I Hate Green Briars!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning my husband and I worked in this pasture for a couple of hours. We trimmed the branches off the dead cedar and cut it up. We made a pile of branches and briars in the back of the Kawasaki Mule and made many walking trips to the burn pile, dragging branches and wads of briars. He wanted to chain onto the trunk and drag it out, but I made him quit. We were both soaking wet to our knees, hot and tired. In this heat, a couple of hours is about all we are good for. And the burn pile grows....

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Aren't burn piles grand! You have more than I do, but I fight burdock and Trees of Paradise and maples and other weeds. Use a reciprocating saw. You have inspired me to document my own efforts. You picture with the truck bed laden over with brush looks like my truck during hack & slash season.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have walked our 8 acres on regular patrol, pulling up poison hemlock. I wear long sleeves and wear gloves. I hate them, they have nasty burrs that mat up in the dogs fur, not to mention that they are poison and invasive. I carry them to the burn pile. Mowing them does no good, as they will set seed at 2 inches tall!

By all means, @ducks4you make a thread on your efforts! It will make you feel good to take pictures of your progress.

Latest posts