I Hate Thieves!!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went up to my country house this weekend. 2 very large cement planters that where at end of driveway where missing. What really has me boiling is they where from my uncles house, when he passed away his kids gave them to me. My uncle loved to spend time working in his garden. The planters where in front of the steps to his door, they where always heavly planted with flowers. The police kind of made me feel like it was my fault ,because they where so close to the road. Filled with dirt they must have weighted several hundred pounds each, I thought their weight would stop them from walking off. Anyone know about game cameras?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can pick them up just about anywhere - Walmart sells them (game cameras)
Were there any marks that would identify these particular planters as being yours? If so, spotting and recovering them might not be too hard.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
check Craigs List and possibly any antique shops close by. we've had a lot of problems in our area and most times the cops seem to not care about searching for your stolen items unless it was high value jewelery, guns or huge amounts of tools or high priced ones. generators were the other big stolen items this winter around here. some of the more reputable pawn shops have been good about watching the police's 'stolen' list but they are not required to do that yet. :( the ones that have opened up in the past couple years have been less reputable and got into trouble over this.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The police never said anything about an accident or clean up taking place in front of your house? Just asking because some jerk hit and took out my house number post at the end of the drive way. Messed up the front of his truck, then he cleaned up his mess, took the post he broke and left!

:/

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
People steal live animals in broad daylight from front lawns while the homeowner's kids watch...so an empty house where no one is there everyday is nothing more than free game.
It's why I don't leave the house unless my fiance is home. We lost 50 chickens 2 years ago when we moved them in first, then a few days later, we moved in.

I have this camera. Pretty good, but get rechargeable batteries for it.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tasco-3MP-Trail-Cam-Night-Vision-Camera/21270190

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridiculous the things people will steal. Sorry to hear you lost your special planters, Nyboy. :( :hugs

Be careful to put your game-cam in a very inconspicuous place. They'll steal those too if they spot them.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys, 5 years ago someone broke in and stole the tv. All I had to do was walk in a store and replace it. These are something I can;t replace!!! Would be my luck to have the cammeras stolen

Phoenixsylvestris2

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I would never think someone would attempt to lift a full cement planter! They're heavy enough without the dirt. Maybe you'll find them again.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is so frustrating when thieves steal those unreplaceable items. My mom, who is in assisted living, kept having things stolen from her room. She was advised to get a little lock box and put a padlock on it. Well, I had a faux-leather soft briefcase that could take a padlock, so I took that to her, with a lock, and one of the keys. She put her vitamins and "papers" in it, and left it in her closet. Sometime later, she discovered it was missing. Somebody just took the whole thing. I hadn't realized that the "papers" she had were her birth cert, some of Dad's military mementos, and love letters from when he was in Germany and France in WWII. It broke her heart to have those things stolen, and of course, whoever stole it most likely threw it all in a dumpster once they realized there was no oxycontin or cash. If I had known what she was keeping, I would have offered to keep them in a safer place for her. Sad.