I must stay out of seed isle I must stay outof...oh look new seeds

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am close to being, oh who am I kidding :drool , I am addicted to seed isles at every store I go to now!!! I am finding LOTS of heirloom and organic seeds that weren't avail. in my area last year or at least I never SAW them. :ep

I have to stop "just looking" because I end up bringing another 15-20 pkt home!!!! :tools

Maybe the madness will stop when I finally start planting, but then I have the... oh I will just "look" at the plant section AARRGGHH..... :barnie

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
every time I get near one of those displays it's another $2-5 in seeds, and I don't even have room for anything else!

Now that I have the lights set up I think I'm just going to start all of the old seeds -- either I'll give away the seedlings or just stick them somewhere and see if they survive. At least the seeds will be out of the storage drawer before they get too old to do anything with!

-Wendy

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I decided to look through my "saved seeds." Would have been a good idea to do that, before I ordered!! Those pretty pictures, just got me too excited!
Now, to stay away from the garden centers!! I honestly got to the point last year, where I couldn't fit another thing!
So hard to be strong!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to get so frustrated with at the garden centers . . .

They might carry seed from 6 or 8 different companies. But -- they ALL had like ONE variety of any one thing. ONE pole bean . . . ONE eggplant . . . ONE summer squash . . .

I mean, if you didn't want to grow Cal Wonder bell peppers - you couldn't buy bell pepper seed from them, at all !! But, that's changed.

It is hard to believe how many choices, especially for heirlooms, that are now at the garden centers :)!

Steve

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My two main that I hit lately was Lowes and Walmart.
Same seeds but wow a big price difference.

I kinda went nuts on organic and heirloom because I want to start non gmo seeds and start saving seeds but gotta figure that one out yet LOL.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I cannot go to a garden center without finding more seeds that I just gotta have. I must have enough seeds to plant my garden many times.
Most of the seeds are heirloom, so I may vacuum seal them and try to store them for next year.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I happened to be in Fred Meyers today and mysteriously found myself in the garden section. And, LOOK! the seeds are buy two get one free! I guess I didn't put up to much of a fight, but I do think if they had ugly pictures on the packets it might be a little easier to resist.

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
The obvious answer to the excess seed packets is to build more gardening beds.....

or maybe it's just me :hide
Hehehehe That might work if I had anywhere else to go but my garden is pretty big now. and the only direction I could go is in my father in laws field (which I am already in the way it is lol) I said something last year about needing more room and he was like "good god are you planting a couple acres" (in a funny way,... sorta)

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
The obvious answer to the excess seed packets is to build more gardening beds.....
I'm already planning to go from four to 16 beds this year, but tomatoes take up a lot of room!

And then somebody wants eggplant and okra and brussels sprouts and cantaloupe and zucchini and yellow squash and butternut and, and, and...

-Wendy

Latest posts