I need a covered run for my garden!

Texas Fluffy Feet

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Between the neighborhood cats spraying, the birds pecking holes in my tomatoes and the darn squirrels breaking my vines by jumping on the cages, my garden is going to pot!:barnie
I am ready to have my DH build me a super sized walk in cage for my garden!

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Never had a problem with cats, we have 3 dogs ;) For the birds and squirrels you could try hanging aluminum pie plates or plastic bags close to the tomatoes and cukes. They don't like the glare and the rustling from the breeze. I use bird netting over my strawberries to keep those critters out of them.

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Although its not been fully tested by me yet, the idea is a sound one. I strung a wire down the middle of my garden bed into which I have planted my corn and my pole beans are at the end of. On this wire, about 6 feet from the ground, I suspended four plastic wind twisters in various shiney colors. These twirl around in the breeze and reflect the sunlight. It is my hope that this will scare the birds off of my corn and pole beans. I got the wind twisters at my local Dollar Tree for, you guessed it, $1 each. :lol: They certainly are more pleasing to my eyes than discarded foil pot pie pans, which are getting harder to find since everyone is going with microwavable packaging.

Latest posts