I need the healing of a garden

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Shortly after getting back in touch with y’all, my sidekick, best and only friend and Service Dog, Heathen, was diagnosed with a fast moving deadly cancer. He was gone in time nly 3 weeks so I have been dealing with an enormous amount of grief. I’ve had a lot if dogs, loved them all, but losing Heath was like having my soul torn from my body.

We leave today for an 8 hr drive to pick up his distant cousin, Fen, to begin training him for Service work as I depended on Heath far more than I realized.

Attachments

• 36CB9268-B396-4E0F-93B1-DE964E41E7A3.jpeg
    36CB9268-B396-4E0F-93B1-DE964E41E7A3.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 85
  • 23E018A0-7231-4DD2-A49B-F0B87AA83764.jpeg
    23E018A0-7231-4DD2-A49B-F0B87AA83764.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 81

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@peteyfoozer , I found this thread, that I missed last year...Sorry!!
I am so happy that you have opened your heart for Fen, which is OBVIOUS from your posts!! :lol:
Eldest DD was so upset for months, when her 8yr cat, Purrkins, passed away last summer. Even our Vet apologized for not getting over to see him, but his problem could just have been a fast moving cancer.
Purrkins was a lovely cat, although he only really liked Her.
She is just smitten with the new cat in her life, Digby--I know you have seen his pictures.
Digby, within ONE WEEK has become her particular friend, even responding to purrs when somebody else is holding him and SHE pets him.
Fen is just a joy to read about!
It is SO important to grieve, then decide to give another companion a chance at a great life with us.
:hugs:hugs:hugs

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dogs are a lot like children; they bond to us, love us, and depend upon us just as deeply - and are just as hurt when abused or neglected. Good dog owners - like those here - love their dogs as family. It's sad that their lives are so much shorter than ours, and that we have to say goodby to them so soon.

It has always seemed to me that a garden fills much of the same place in our lives as children or pets. All of those demand nurturing, commitment, time, and sacrifice. They all return love, peace, & joy in proportion to the love & TLC that we bestow on them... so it doesn't surprise me to find so many devoted pet owners here. I love dogs & hope to have one soon, when my life has stabilized to the point where I can give it the time & attention they deserve.

Last edited:

Latest posts