I Signed Up for a Canning Class!

Augustmomx2

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm very excited! I have looked and looked for a canning class remotely around me, that was a reasonable price. I found one being offered about 35 minutes from me, it is 3 hours and best of all...only $10! Plus they give you a canning book :D

I recently have purchased a water-bath canner & would like to make sure that I'm doing everything correctly, since I'm a complete noob at this.

Here is the link if any one is interested...

http://www.ces.purdue.edu/CES/Johnson/CFS/CFSBroch_Food PreservationTrafalgar09.pdf

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
this is going to be money well spent! good for you ..I learned the hard way and was convinced I was killing my family when I first started canning

have fun!!! and share any tips that would be great!

Augustmomx2

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
this is going to be money well spent! good for you ..I learned the hard way and was convinced I was killing my family when I first started canning

have fun!!! and share any tips that would be great!
I know! that is the whole reason I'm taking the class...I have this fear I'm going to kill my family as well :lol:

I will definitely share any tips I may learn :)

keljonma

Leafing Out
Reaction score
miron28 said:
i wish i could find a canning class near by!
Check your county extension office. The classes are offered here, but you wouldn't know it unless you were looking at the office class schedule.

ETA: your county extension office might have a website where classes are listed too.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi keljonma :frow

I am just posting a site that might interest you, under the title " FOOD PRESERVATION SITES".

Until you find a canning class maybe this site will help as it appears to have videos etc. It also deals with all forms of food preservation. :D

I hope it helps somewhat :frow

Happy Canning! :rainbow-sun

:rose Hattie :rose

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
congrats on a very interesting and informative personal page and web site!! I have been trying to download some pics since joining this blog, and I dont know whats wrong, but I cant get them where I want them, I can down load .. but then cant transfer to my posts or personal page.

Latest posts