I started my garden!!!

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It is so crazy hot we went ahead and planted in my garden. Nothing big. Just potatoes and onions. It is 87 right now and it is supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow, then we drop down to the low 50's and 30's at night. :idunno I am just hoping that my fruit trees don't bloom. They are really wanting to.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ut oh!

Yeah, we're in the 90's here!!! Can you believe that?! Its insane...

So I went ahead and planted, but I'm afraid of the false hopes this heat is bring on. AND what does it mean for the rest of the summer? Dry? Hot? So confused!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Its in the 80's here, crazy weather feels like july but still nice to get some work done in the garden. Too much heat in the garden fades the flowers so fast but the weather is suppose to be getting a little cooler.

Liberty7

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's warmer here, too, in MN (50's with low 70's this weekend;) but, I'm going to keep to my regular schedule for my 4b zone: 'start' seeds next week and plant in the garden after Memorial Day.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
ut oh!

Yeah, we're in the 90's here!!! Can you believe that?! Its insane...

So I went ahead and planted, but I'm afraid of the false hopes this heat is bring on. AND what does it mean for the rest of the summer? Dry? Hot? So confused!
My brother and I were discussing this on Monday. The last 2X's we were supposed to have rain it didn't and now it crazy hot the first week of April.

Good news.... Fruit trees haven't bloomed yet.:weee

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
I think we're okay with the end of our frosts, and you live further south than me--and I'm zone 5/6ish. Congratulations! I keep WORKING on my garden and take one step forward, two steps back! :( :/
We are supposed to get frost here tomorrow night, there is already an edge to the breese here tonight, so went ahead and covered the strawberry beds with floating row cover. I hope the blueberries will be ok.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got everything put away and under cover. They are calling for 36 tonight and 30 tomorrow night. My strawberries are still in pots so I stuck them into the greenhouse on the porch. Only one of them is looking alive anyway. We haven't had decent fruit for about 3 years so I am really hoping for a good harvest this year. My brothers pear trees bloomed last week but so far my apple trees haven't bloomed.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Tonight is supposed to be the coolest night at 48 (82 today!) and then tomorrow only getting up to 68 with rain showers. Thank goodness for the rain, I can't wait to have this thick layer of pollen washed away. But I looked at all next week, and though it will be 72 on Saturday it goes right back to the 80's all never week with being in the 60's at night. I am half temped to start some beans!!!! :lol:

But I know better.... I do not trust it. :/