I stopped by the Farmers Market Friday...

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
And came home with 2 tomato plants, which I really don't need but they where only $1 a piece, their heirlooms, and they have pretty names of Rose and Pink Firefly! I also bought 2 iris plants one yellow, the other light violet at only $5 a piece. But now I need to get them all planted.
New+farmers+market+plants++6-6-11+002.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
What's a few more plants?? That is a great idea looking for live plants at the Farmer's Market. I never thought of that- I don't usually go, since I grow what they grow...now you've got me thinking. Happy Planting!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Our farmer's market is a great place to find heirloom plants of all kinds. Also there are usually one or two pickups there with all sorts of beautiful flower plants for sale. I have talked to the flower vendors and they say that they usually sell out every weekend.

Even though we are pretty far out in the "boonies" we have city folks coming to our market more all the time to buy plants and fresh veggies. But, naturally, fuel prices have a big influence on this.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hahahaha... leave it to us gardeners to MAKE room! LOL

Nice haul! :love

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm glad to see no one else would have turned them down either, I didn't get them planted today but instead I got the coop cleaned out. But I should get them in tomorrow.

Latest posts