I think I have cucumbers coming in

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have one cucumber plant that is blossoming. The other four are still growing longer. The one that is blossoming has been doing so for weeks, and the blossoms kept falling off. Just a few days ago I noticed that just behind one blossom was what looked like a thick prickly stem that didn't look like a normal stem. Today I checked and its longer and thicker and now there are two on the plant. I'll try and take a picture of one later.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Enjoying watching it.... soon it will look like a pickle... and then like the NEXT DAY it will be a GIANT cucumber!!!!!!!!!

One plant has produced me 20 cucumbers in the last week.... I just got 4 more this morning. (Again, 1 plant out of my 2... the second one is only 1/4th this plants size and not blooming yet.)

I am giving cucumbers away like I know I will have twice as many tomorrow.... mostly because I will!!!! LOL

:lol:

ENJOY!!!!!!!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
Enjoying watching it.... soon it will look like a pickle... and then like the NEXT DAY it will be a GIANT cucumber!!!!!!!!!

One plant has produced me 20 cucumbers in the last week.... I just got 4 more this morning. (Again, 1 plant out of my 2... the second one is only 1/4th this plants size and not blooming yet.)

I am giving cucumbers away like I know I will have twice as many tomorrow.... mostly because I will!!!! LOL

:lol:

ENJOY!!!!!!!
Vfem,
thats pretty amazing one plant producing 20 cucumbers, i bet theirs more on the way keep that plant picked reguarly you might soon have 40 or more.

moonflowers

Sprout
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds delightful! I wish my cucumbers would grow me some actual cucumbers instead of getting longer. I can't wait to get some. Congrats!

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Cukes are like others of their clan, benefiting from artificial fertilization.
This could help you get more fruits per vine.

So far, I have gotten bunches, so no worry to try it. I'm not falling over myself for cucumbers in the first place, so just getting some is enough for me.

But you could give the artificial fertilization thing a shot. Do it when the sun is high and the flowers are dry. Use a fine brush like a makeup brush and dab the male pollen to the female flower.
The male blooms are usually in a bunch on straight stems, while the females appear singly, poised atop the swelling that will (hopefully) become the fruit.

I did it with my Sun Jewel melons and it seems to have worked okay.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had to do the artificiall fertiziation thing in the begining and then my cukes too off. (ok once the bees arrived).

Latest posts