I think there's a little sasquatch in my garden

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cassandra said:
Pat I is at work during the day!!! :th

LOL
Well you'll just ahve to tell them you need extra time off to sit and watch your tomatoes grow. LOL

I didn't mean 'stay home and play stakeout', though; I just meant, check the tomatoes several times a day in hopes you will notice a change between two consecutive looks. So, before you go to work and when you come home would work, ideally also just before dark.

Good luck,

Pat

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Well you'll just ahve to tell them you need extra time off to sit and watch your tomatoes grow. LOL

I didn't mean 'stay home and play stakeout', though;

Good luck,

Pat
So... I guess you are saying you don't think they would go for that--at work, I mean...

:rolleyes:

shoot

Cassandra

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I think you should get one of those hunter camo get ups that hide you in the bushes and have a steak out. Spray yourself in the homemade hot pepper, garlic and soap bug spray so you don't look tasty when you run into the tigerwerewolfmonkey. Also have a live trap handy cause when you catch the tigerwerewolfmonkey, you can go on Oprah and talk about your new species discovery(and near death experience)

:coolsun

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I checked again this morning and they were there again last night. Found a couple of mostly green tomatoes, half eaten, laying in the bottom of the bed. My vinegar rags had lost all their scent.

We had the gates closed up tight. I know deer will jump a 4 ft. fence, so that doesn't completely rule them out. However, the way the fruits were laying--smallish fruits deep underneath the canopy, makes me think it was something smaller. Either rats or rabbits.

I'm going to buy a 55 gallon drum of ultra-hot pepper powder and sprinkle everywhere. We'll see what happens.

Cassandra

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have to agree with Pat. I have seen similar things before and it was a squirrel. WAS being the key word. Nothing like fresh squirrel and fried squash for breakfast!

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Nubsmum! :lol: That was funny!

Cassandra - Yes, try the cayenne pepper as well. Since I put both the vinegar rags and the pepper out at the same time, I didn't have a scientific sample to rule out which one was working. So far, so good. We haven't lost any since. Considering that last year was a complete disaster, I'm feeling pretty good about this so far. Right now I have two tomatoes that are beyond orange, so if they're still there in the morning, I'd say that we have success.

Btw, I sprayed Oakland's toxic bug juice today. Had to take a shower afterwards due to all the backspray! Just a warning not to do it on the way to work or anything. :lol:

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Backyard Buddies said:
Had to take a shower afterwards due to all the backspray! Just a warning not to do it on the way to work or anything. :lol:
:lol:

Noted ;)

Cassandra

Latest posts