I will be up late tonite! NASA to bomb the Moon tonite!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,

Remember earlier in the week on another post I mentioned that we should all say a prayer and send a good thought to our Sister Moon?

full_moon_small.jpg

Well, sad to report that tonight is the night; at 3:15 a.m. PDT, LCROSS will blast a projectile into the Southern Pole of the Moon. It will be actually two projectiles, one after the other. They will hit the Southern Pole of the Moon; they chose that spot for its best viewing!

Here is a link to view this Live via NASA
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LCROSS/impact/index.html

I am astounded! I really am!

Ron

1048655-5-fairy-tales-and-all-that-stuff.jpg

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
WHY are they doing this? See, I never watch anything more serious than CSI so I haven't even HEARD about this.

I mean, is there some sort of greater good to be served or are they just trying to get their jollies?? :rant

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
with all the dairies that have gone bust in the last year or two, they are trying to make up for the loss of cheese.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow,

Have you all seen the Moon tonight? It is coming up from the NorthEast right now! It has the shadow side draping over it like a cloak, and the tilt in relation to us is so prominent! It is breathtaking!

Ron

4C21626EEB3F4B8185475561B1654964.jpg

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
this really sucks.

now i can tell my non-existent children i remember when pluto was a planet AND when the moon was intact.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well it is done, and nothing happened ! Nothing, ...even one of the NASA techs at the monitor stood up right after the non-explosive something, grabbed his bag, refused a high-five, and walked out before the second blast.

Thankfully, there was no blast, no huge crater...and if they did manage to get anything off the surface it was all very tiny particulate matter and ET is sure to be dusting house soon!

Whew! I am so happy this is over...now let's not do it again! :th

Ron

ohiofarmgirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i have to say that was the biggest disappointment of my adult life - they didnt show a THING! just the nasa guys clapping!!! MAN!

they'd better have more exciting video later today..... i want my money back.

hee hee hee i loved how that guy grabbed his computer and ran for it. hee hee hee

maybe they didnt show it b/c there were aliens for something? wow that would be really cool....

Latest posts