I won the Lottery!!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got a email today telling me I won 4 million dollars, from the Asia International Lottery!!!!! How Lucky I don't even remember entering !! All I have to do is email my info to asiapromotion@sify.com and they will place the money in my bank account. Even though I am now rich I am going to keep my job.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh, as much as you'd LOVE to claim that money, you really didn't win anything from them. that's one of those lovely scams that they want you to send them money or important information and they're the ones who really won the lottery and you've lost out. :/

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
CONGRATS!!!!!! :ya You'd better hurry right on and send that info off.

:hide If you don't send them the info, they'll have to send the creepy guy from the commercial to give you the check personally.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I dont even know who you would report that to. Probably wouldnt do any good anyway.

I once had one of those that wanted credit card info. I tried calling a couple of my credit card companies to report it. They were not interested. I tried calling the local cops. Nope, not interested. They are probably outside the country anyway so not under anyones jurisdiction that could or would do anything.

People do fall for it, usually the elderly. There are a lot of scumbags out there that don't care who's life they destroy.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucky You!! Quick! Send them your bank account number so they can direct deposit all your money!! :lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya know, I should have become an ANTI-HACKER!

Oh how I would love to be able to trace some of those things to the very human that did it! Go there, find the person, and bang their fool head until the stupidness falls out...

Well, snag all of them and put them into spammer dungeons.

I first won the lottery in 1995! Ha! They are still doing this...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
Do people really fall for this?
Yep, my Mom got done over by a con artist a few years ago. He send her a text message and told her she won a fairly large sum of money, but she must give him a certain amount first, not a huge sum, before he sends her the cheque. She actually did :th

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think older people are targets so often not because they are getting "senile" but because they are from a different era when you could actually trust other people. Does any one remember "counter checks"? They were blank checks from the local banks that would be on the counter at local businesses. If you had money in the bank, you could use a blank check to write the info in, to pay for your goods. You were just trusted to be honest about who you were and if you really had money in the bank.

By the way, Nyboy, could I borrow a couple thousand from you? I'll gladly pay it back next week, lol.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get several a week. Mostly someone died and left tons of money uncollected in a bank and one of the officials of the government selected me from all the people in the world to help him launder the money. I play with their heads and keep sending fake information until I get a handle on their real email address, then I report them to get their ISP to shut them down. Here is the free service I use to track and report them. Usually it is the second email from the "official" that has the email address you want.

http://www.spamcop.net

JackB