Ick a TICK , already!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunday night DH is sitting in his recliner and he hands me a piece of paper that he has placed a TICK on. He thinks it came in on him or the dog, Duh! Then last night he picked 3 or 4 more off the dog. :somad REALLY, the ground is still frozen in the shade. There is even a bit of snow where the piles where deepest. Nothing is green. Weather people where saying the winter might have killed off some pest with the Long REALLY cold we had. Apparently not TICKS. :sick Ick I HATE Ticks....

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We found our first tick here in south-est, central-est Wisconsin yesterday, too. Just a baby hatchling, I'm sure, but I had planned to start flea and tick applications April 1. Just a day too late, it seems.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to have seed ticks here. Little tiny specks of a tick. Of course they hung out together in the thousands and they buried themselves in flesh-dang nigh impossible to get out. Then we got fire ants. (in Texan that would be fahr aints) :lol: Fire ants are a pain, literally a pain-their bites burn like fire! But I guess them eating the seed ticks is in their favor. Still have plenty of other ticks though.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to have seed ticks here. Little tiny specks of a tick. Of course they hung out together in the thousands and they buried themselves in flesh-dang nigh impossible to get out. Then we got fire ants. (in Texan that would be fahr aints) :lol: Fire ants are a pain, literally a pain-their bites burn like fire! But I guess them eating the seed ticks is in their favor. Still have plenty of other ticks though.
Therein is the reason I don't want to go south-except to visit. Hate cold but hate fire ants and nasty bugs worse. Feel your pain on ticks! Hate them bloodsucking insects.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Had a friend and her daughters over on Monday, and the friend told me they found a tick on one of the girls that night. I reeeeeally don't like that they're starting this early. Seems like a bad sign...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had a friend and her daughters over on Monday, and the friend told me they found a tick on one of the girls that night. I reeeeeally don't like that they're starting this early. Seems like a bad sign...
Really bad, they where awful last summer. Wonder what they are going to be like this summer..... *shudder*

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ticks are pretty much the only thing that I'm afraid of. I can handle blood, gore, snakes, spiders, etc, etc but I either will freak out or scream like a girl (less often than just freaking out) if I find one crawling up my leg or arm. I seem to be extra attractive to them too. :hide

Hopefully this summer isn't as bad as the last one. I hate having to smash or flick those things, I'll be carrying a lighter this time.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've picked a couple of big ones off the dogs... time to break out the Frontline.....
:sick

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ticks are pretty much the only thing that I'm afraid of. I can handle blood, gore, snakes, spiders, etc, etc but I either will freak out or scream like a girl (less often than just freaking out) if I find one crawling up my leg or arm. I seem to be extra attractive to them too. :hide

Hopefully this summer isn't as bad as the last one. I hate having to smash or flick those things, I'll be carrying a lighter this time.
Do you have a dog? You can do what my neighbor does and pluck the tick off you and feed it to the dog :lol::sick

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No dog now, the dog that we had a year or two ago probably would've. :rolleyes:

Got to fell sorry for the dogs, they have a lot of hard to reach place and no fingers to pick them off. I usually just smash them with my fingers. If I let them live they'll just find me later. :hide

Latest posts