I'd rather have a walk in cooler than a living room!!!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup.

A nice comfy couch in it, computer desk, sound system, remote control hand held thermostat, set at about 29 degrees on these 90 plus degree days!

Meantime, my sunworshipping campers are out there in the sun on the beach of the lake, the docks, and in their boats loving the hotness. And I'm melting. Peeper stretched out on the floor, Clevland stretched on the desk, admiring my supper of course...

In fact, I think if I had a walk in cooler right now, I'd move my bed into it! Oh, for sleeping, I'd set it at 39 degrees.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, the reason the campers are stretched out in the sun is because they can go back home to their AIR CONDITIONING!!!! :lol: I have lived in this hot Texas heat before with no AC, sometimes for several years at a time. Box fan in the window, oscillating fan at the foot of the bed........... I feel your pain. :/ It will help you sleep if you spray mist your sheets and turn a fan on.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a kid we didn't have AC for a few summers. Sleeping in VA humidity was hard to do. I would take a box fan and sit it on a kitchen chair right at the side of the bed. Then tie a sheet to the top of the chiar and let it drape over the bed like a tent. With the fan on it seemed to be 20' cooler under that tent.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Remember to stay in the shade outdoors, Marshall.

All of us have different responses to temperature. I have very little experience in recent years with humidity. With a dry, hot afternoon - I'm generally okay. Out of the sun . . .

Of course, in the wintertime, my hair begins to stand straight out from my head. I electrocute myself on any metal that I come across and a carpet is both my best & worst friend. Finally, my skin just goes to heck! (I was able to get thru last winter without sleeping in wool socks.)

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The thing I liked about living in TX was the dry heat. 108 was downright tolerable since there was no humidity. Like being slowly toasted to death. :D But only a WV girl could possibly see it that way. After two weeks in the tropics here, we are supposed to be getting a spell of beautiful clear weather. Is it humid where you are, Marshall? The humidity we had this week made even the morning's 74 degrees feel smothery and oppressive. This last big storm we had this evening was supposed to clear out the last of it for awhile.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know a place where the air is dry, the days get very warm, even hot, but the nights cool down to the 50s ( 49 last night ).
No a/c required, sleep with the windows open under a cozy blanket.

But I hear it's hard to get a ripe tomato there. :/

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hahaha, i'm pretty sure Thistle is talking about, um, MAINE. Yes, that's it. MAINE.

(i'm going to go take my pin off the TEG members map so Marshall can't find his way up here. OHWAIT. He's already BEEN to montana! Maybe he forgets the way...)

:lol:

Latest posts