Ideas on make and model ?

Daidohead

Leafing Out
Reaction score
6592_house_008.jpg
6592_house_007.jpg
6592_house_006.jpg

Whatever this critter is it has fantastic color to it.

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The first photo immediately made me think of a Chinaberry tree. But the second photo, the leaves don't look quite right. A dead giveaway for a Chinaberry would be the berrries or seeds it produces. A round yellowish berry in clusters.
The third photo makes me say maybe?

Not a very definitive answer. Maybe someone else has another idea. :)

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
great mystery.

i've been googling about an hour and have NO matches.

will try later if no one else solves the mystery.

what did you mean when you said it has good color?

Daidohead

Leafing Out
Reaction score
The tree? has no flowers, no fruit that I have seen. I first saw the tree last March and it had no leaves, no anything, I thought it was dead. All of the other plants and trees in the area were leafing out. In June I saw the tree again and it had a lush, thick bunch of the greenest green leaves I had ever seen. Everyone that sees the tree comments on the color of green it has. The consistancy of the color is also strange, it is the same green from top to bottom, front to back. It almost looks manmade. I have only had this property for a few months so I have no history on anything around here, nor have I seen the tree's complete yearly cycle.

Thank you for your efforts, Mark

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
FYI, was not trying to insult your tree. It's a very pretty and interesting-looking tree. I just wanted to make sure there was not some other information that might give me a clue to figuring out what it is.

Steve is really good at this stuff. He'll probably beat me to the i.d., but i'm trying. ;)

Daidohead

Leafing Out
Reaction score
No insult taken, by me or the tree. I have always wondered if it was a short tree or a tall bush. What you see in the pics is an offshoot from a larger, rotten stump. I dont know if that would make a difference to you but I think it might have made a difference in the structure of the branches. I can get pics of the base tomorrow if it will help.

Thanks, Mark

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I would love to know if the bark is smooth all over and if the leaves are the same all over the tree. The leaf arrangement, as i'm identifying it right now, i am not finding it anywhere.

Maybe more close up pictures would give us (me) more clues.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Perhaps a Tomlinson Ash?

Fraxinus uhdei v. "Tomlinson"

Tomlinson is an upright compact, semi-evergreen to evergreen tree, reaching 18 feet in height in 10 years. The leaves have a leathery texture and are pinnate, dark green and up to 6 inches long, each with up to 7 oval, tapered leaflets, with wavy margins. Leaflets may burn if exposed to hot wind. Shallow rooted, encourage deeper rooting by watering deeply. Native to central America.

Latest posts