If a company manufactures Twinkies . .

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. in a country where between 30 and 35 percent of the adults and 20% of the children are obese. .

. and the company goes bankrupt . .

. what do you suppose that shows?

Steve

edited to raise the obesity percentage for American children

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It just shows that I haven't done my part for the company...I read today that twinkies will still be mfg. regardless

Don :fl

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
hehe, i just think that if the world were to go into 'true' chaos that twinkies will still be edible for at least 100 years after! :lol: time to stock up!!!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
. in a country where between 30 and 35 percent of the adults and 20% of the children are obese.
Are you sure about your percentages? DW and I go on our monthly pilgrimage to a town that has a WalMart and sometimes I sit on the bench at the entrance/exit and watch people. I would guess that the percentages of obesity would be closer to 80%. WallyWorld is like comedy central every time I go there.

By the way, I don't think I ever had a Twinkie. And any company that cannot keep it's head above water should go out of business. No bail-outs. It's called survival of the fittest or natural selection. YMMV

pretty40acres

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Last time I ate a Twinkie was about 14-15 years ago when they had a recall on them because of something that got in the Twinkies made people sick. I stopped at a gas station on my way to work about 3am one morning and bought some Twinkies and a pepsi for breakfast( not a very good breakfast but that was when I was 20 and maybe 90 pounds so it didnt bother me at the time). :hu I ended up with one of the bad Twinkies. :somad I was sicker than a dog. :sick I got very sick and had to go home from work. I heard the next day about the Twinkie recall.:he I havent had a Twinkie since then. :thumbsup I dont see how people can eat that stuff. I guess my age is why I dont understand it now. :hu My kids like that kind of stuff though. I think all teenagers do though. If I never see another Twinkie again it wont hurt my feelings. :bun

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's not how much money a company makes, its how much they spend or have going out that is the problem.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This may have something to do with it:
Brian Driscoll, Hostess' 52-year old CEO, doesn't seem too worried about the company's future however: the Board of the Directors and the Executive staff have pretty much bled the value of Hostess dry in the last three years, with 10 individuals accounting for nearly 46% of the company's annual salary and salary-related operating expenses.
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21319

One can only guess at the "golden parachutes" awaiting those folks. A diligent search of the internet failed to produce any numbers. :(

Latest posts