if you had the choice

if you had the space how would you grow your vegetables

• Total voters

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 6 raised beds and all of them are in irregular shapes surrounded by chair height boulders. Makes it quite easy to sit down and do anything that needs doing without ending up with a sore back. :celebrate

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder why the percentages on the poll don't add up? It's well over 100%

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm with Ny & Red a conservatory would be super cool. Flagstone pathway leading to various sitting areas, a pond with a stream that wanders back & forth with little bridges that are there as the "stream" goes over the walkways.

Orchids, air plants & a separate smaller room just for cactus.

I'd have an area in the back that I'd grow food in too but my own little slice of climate controlled Heaven sure would be nice.

In reality I'm leaning towards raised beds. I've been pricing out the trex composite or something similar to frame the beds since it lasts a LONG time. I'm thinking of trying to expand when I can & eventually have pea gravel pathways between the frames to further lower my maintenance.

I'm also debating on just doing regular word raised beds & replace them as they need to be also. But given the start up costs I think it's going to be more traditional in ground rows and a potato tower/bed for a while. Then slowly integrate some form of raised bed(s) as resources permit.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I voted for raised beds, dirt and greenhouse. I love the tidy look of raised beds, I garden in beds, just not raised. I voted for dirt because I would like a big(er) cornfield, a pumpkin patch, rambling watermelon vines, cantaloupe and anything that takes up lots of space. I voted for greenhouse because I have a small one right now that keeps us in fresh bell peppers and tomatoes all winter. Plus, I would love to have one of those high tunnel greenhouses that stretch on forever! I could grow lots of stuff all winter!

Latest posts