I'm a big sissy

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
baymule, your post cracked me up! :D
I've been to Texas. A friend moved there and got married in July. :rolleyes: It might not be your hottest month, but I've never sweated so profusely just sitting still!
I will happily shovel snow for 6 months of the year and grow puny green tomatoes in order to live where I'm at!
Haha! I will happily (well........maybe not so happy and hug the air conditioner lol ) sweat, slap skeeters, look carefully for alligators BEFORE I jump in the lake, and put a new roof on my house that the hurricane demolished, just to keep from shoveling snow 6 months of the year. And I love having big juicy tomatoes when the "nawthurn states" are still shoveling snow. :lol: And you are right, July isn't our hottest month, August is. So it gets even worse than your experience with Texas weather. :lol: Soooooo........when are 'ya comin' back?? :gig

BackerBunch

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I should have come on here and complained about not getting any rain a couple of week ago. About 3 hrs after my post we got a heavy rain and it's rained every day since! :weee

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
BackerBunch said:
I should have come on here and complained about not getting any rain a couple of week ago. About 3 hrs after my post we got a heavy rain and it's rained every day since! :weee
OMG! We still have not had one little drop of rain in over two months now. There have been showers all around us but not ON us.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never, ever seen conditions like this! We had .04 inches of rain in June- and none in July. The powers that be, claim we are not having a drought, we are just "abnormally dry." Thankful that we ran irrigation this year, or we would not have a garden. My black eyed susan's have dried up and died! Those are the hardiest plants I grow. The grass is just brown and when you walk on it, it actually crunches. The farmers are in big trouble- no hay, soybeans or corn. Not going to be a good year for them...They are predicting a few thunder showers- here's hoping!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smiles, rain wonderful rain. You lucky one.
Lesa, feeling your pain, same cruching grass, struggling crops, burn bans, scattered showers AROUND us... yesterday we got about .41 of and inch! Maybe it is heading your way I will cross my fingers you get some too. (And more for us.) *sigh*

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Smiles- did you get anything today? We got a lovely rain when we were at the market this morning, and it looks like we got some pretty good rain here at home too. :ya

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We had a 6 inch rain a couple of days ago, you ask how I know it was 6 inches without a rain gauge..well believe me cause I measured it my Self,
Each drop was 6 inches apart, it wasn't that hard :lol:

Don

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
Smiles- did you get anything today? We got a lovely rain when we were at the market this morning, and it looks like we got some pretty good rain here at home too. :ya
YES! We did. It was wonderful. :weee It drizzled for about an hour and then we got a good downpour for about 15 minutes. I was at the gun show in Sunman and just about everyone went to the doors and watched. Some goofy guys went out to dance in the rain - don't ask me if I did. :hu Halleluiah! But as we all know it is too little, too late.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have real sympathy for ya'll. Last year Texas was hit with the worst drought in 60 years and we had over 2 straight months of 100 degree plus weather. Ranchers sold their herds or paid high prices for trucked in hay. Farms burnt up, grass died, livestock and people suffered. Ponds dried up, even big lakes (dammed) dried up to the river channels. Forest fires swept the state burning hundreds of thousands of acres, homes and entire neighborhoods.

We got rain this past week and Houston even had flooded neighborhoods and streets. Glad I don't live in Houston :) I am truly sorry ya'll are having such heat and drought. Big Hugs. :hugs

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My daughter lives an hour from me- she called this morning all excited, exclaiming "well, you got your rain!" Nope, she had rain all night, and we didn't get a drop. I am literally praying for rain.