I'm Ready to Scream! more post #12, Grapic pics post #13

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have recently lost 4 birds including my favorite and have been crying on and off all week. But today I almost lost it, I didn't loss any more birds, but had other problems.

My mom has been having a handyman come out and do some work in the house and today he was removing the remains of a chimney and my mom had left him a note (how they have been talking all week) saying to stack/leave them "by the little fence", which is my flower bed.

Today I come home to the bricks stacked in my garden!!!!! On top of two gladiolus and one of my lavender plants! I dropped everything and started throwing them out of my garden on to the ground next to it. The one gladiolus is just a little bent and the lavender has some crushed up leaves it looks like, but the other gladiolus is cut and scratched up along with being bent. I called my mom up because I am ticked, this is a fenced in flower bed with flowers (some even blooming!!) in it! And in the middle of explaining it I started bawling, this has been a very tiring week for me and this is not what I needed.
:barnie :he :hit :rant :somad

i_am2bz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss, CC&G. Do you know why they died? What an awful thing to go thru, you have my sympathy. :hugs

It seems when it rains it pours. You'd hope that people working around your place would have more consideration. :/ (But then, I no longer have daffodils or irises because DH thought he would "help" me by pulling up all the "weeds". :smack

I surely hope your week gets better. :)

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
I'm so sorry for your loss, CC&G. Do you know why they died? What an awful thing to go thru, you have my sympathy. :hugs

It seems when it rains it pours. You'd hope that people working around your place would have more consideration. :/ (But then, I no longer have daffodils or irises because DH thought he would "help" me by pulling up all the "weeds". :smack

I surely hope your week gets better. :)
They where all predator deaths, looks like it was a coon and thanks.

i_am2bz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
How awful. That has never happened to me, thank God. (All my birds are in a pen because of the hawks around here.) There is a member on SSF who lost ALL his chickens due to a weasel (if I remember correctly). I just can't imagine it. :( I hope all the rest of yours remain safe.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You may be surprised how the glads take it.

They are getting all their power from the corm, right now. Their flowers won't appear for awhile so them may show up, as pristine as you could possibly hope they would be.

:rainbow-sun

Best of Luck, Cats!

Steve

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the loss of your birds. As for the bricks in your garden I am sure it was not intentional.
But I understand your frustation, seems like bad luck always comes in bunches.
Hope things start turning your way soon!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No, it wasn't intentional, just another stupid workman who doesn't know a thing about gardening - dangerous things to have around :(. I'm so sorry about your birds. The good thing is that gardens can recover - so dry your tears and go dig your fingers into the dirt, it will make you feel better! :hugs

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry about your birds. I learned the hard way, workmen don't care about flower beds. I am having some work on my driveway. I went and got that bright orange plastic fence, and placed it around trees I just planted. It is a eyesore, but staying up till workmen finish their job.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hope things are looking up for you, this morning! Sorry about your birds, and garden. When I had windows replaced in the front of my house, I told the workers exactly when they could do the job. Before- my bulbs are up!!! I care a lot more about my gardens, than my windows!!

Latest posts