I'm signing in to Everything this mornning!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What do you suppose happened!??

I didn't do anything special when I shut the computer down last night. I can't remember the last time I had to sign into TEG but it is everything from my start page to my mailbox to the forum. (NOAA, at least, knew which forecast area I live in . . .)

The Internet Service Provider notified me about a month ago about a possible "trojan." I went immediately to my security company - McAffee - and paid for some clean up . . . Do you suppose that this is all just an aging computer problem or that they missed something?

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I guess i wouldnt immediately think of a virus, just cause i was logged out of all my sites...how is your computer running otherwise? Does it seem slow or is it popping up strange windows? Then i would be concerned. It was very windy here last night, i wonder if your internet service may have gone down for a while and that logged you out (i have no idea if thats possible, just conjecture!). Hope you can remember all your passwords!!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mine does that sometimes when I restart it for no reason seems like. That does not sound like what happened in your case though. I hope this does not continue to happen, computer problems a the worst UGH!...:)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, it could be Comcast this time . . .

The connection was lost a couple of times this week. Really, I can't remember that ever happening with this ISP. Oh, it was about once an hour when I used the wireless but that was the wireless modem. Maybe the need to sign in is the Comcast modem clicking out and clicking back in.

Before McAffee did the cleaning, they reported some problems but not on their regular scans, nor on the computer's hardware scan.

Firefox may also be the problem. I clutter my browsers! It is a shame to load so many bookmarks and such on them but that's the kind of computer user I've become. No longer any kind of "worthwhile" use, it is all me, having fun :rolleyes:. I have learned to NOT leave Firefox running and click "sleep." It will stop running or slow when I wake it up later. That kind of scares me, too. I like Firefox but the browser is the avenue for invasion. Don't want to experience a computer version of Dunkirk again!

Steve

Oh, and the passwords --- I took the advice to heart not to have all the same password. That means, I have to write them down and secret them elsewhere in the house. Of course, if I ask to be "remembered," hiding anything makes no real sense. Still, I don't do that with anything that could involve $.

Latest posts